GLFA 300 win mag

Steelflight

Ok I'm stoked. Who else has one? I have one on order and I hope it arrives soon. But not alot is said about it. If any one would like to share about their experiences, I would love to hear about it. The rifle is blessed with a 24" stainless barrel and comes with one five shot mag. I think this will be a great shooter. Can't wait to stretch it out.

Is this what you're asking about? (How many know by your abbreviation...)

1703340261455.png

1703340289010.jpeg

1703340425414.png

https://glfallc.com/glfa-300-win-mag/

I have two of those and a few at-10's from them. You won't see any reviews because they just released the 300win mag in October and I actually have the first one they sold.
Unfortunately I have not had a ton of time to shoot it. I have about a box of ammo through it.
Hope you are not expecting a Nemo omen. That it is not. It has above average fit and finish. The barrel is not anything special from why I can see. Think factory rifle. Accuracy I can say with factory ammo I tried is again not thing special.

After working with the ar-10 in 243 I can say I was able to get sub moa with handloads. 75gr hammer hht.

I had several fail to feed in the first box of ammo on my 300. But that is not unheard of.

Overall it's a great rifle for the price. In fact you get much more than you expect for that price. I have a box of hammer 163gr hht .30 cal bullets I'll be loading for it sometime this winter to see how accurate I can get it.

The staff and customer service is as good as it gets. Very nice people. Bolt catch failed on my .243 first week. They replaced it on the spot and handed it back in about 10 min.

Wish I had more on how well it shoots but simply been to busy hunting to get it dialed it.
But you are gonna be more than extremely pleased with it . Side note I replaced the brake with a salmon river solutions simply for the looks. Never shot it with the factory break so it may work fine.

I have two of those and a few at-10's from them. You won't see any reviews because they just released the 300win mag in October and I actually have the first one they sold.
Unfortunately I have not had a ton of time to shoot it. I have about a box of ammo through it.
Hope you are not expecting a Nemo omen. That it is not. It has above average fit and finish. The barrel is not anything special from why I can see. Think factory rifle. Accuracy I can say with factory ammo I tried is again not thing special.

After working with the ar-10 in 243 I can say I was able to get sub moa with handloads. 75gr hammer hht.

I had several fail to feed in the first box of ammo on my 300. But that is not unheard of.

Overall it's a great rifle for the price. In fact you get much more than you expect for that price. I have a box of hammer 163gr hht .30 cal bullets I'll be loading for it sometime this winter to see how accurate I can get it.

The staff and customer service is as good as it gets. Very nice people. Bolt catch failed on my .243 first week. They replaced it on the spot and handed it back in about 10 min.

Wish I had more on how well it shoots but simply been to busy hunting to get it dialed it.
But you are gonna be more than extremely pleased with it . Side note I replaced the brake with a salmon river solutions simply for the looks. Never shot it with the factory break so it may work fine.
Appreciate this. No not expecting the nemo.lol. I thought the price was well placed though. I will definitely get some trigger time on this guy. The fact it's American made was another factor. Thank you for your experience sharing.

Ya let me know if you have any issues they are only about 15 min down the road from me. So crazy that small town has some cool hunting stores. I run contour roam cameras for hunting. But they need zoom lenses. After a search I found one place doing them. Looked up to ship they required me to turn left out my driveway and go 15 min to Sparta same road even. Now this rifle manufacturer is two blocks down same road.

You are gonna be very happy. Especially for the price. I can't wait to get those 163gr tipped hammers running. I know it's never gonna be my go to long range so I decided to drop down in weight and this should easily get me to my 800 yards want mark for this rifle. Side not you have a ton of length in the mags and they are incredibly nice built. All my custom bolt action loads even long heavies fit the mag. Not sure if the chamber has the throat but the mag will not hold you back at all. They are currently working on a standard capacity 10 round mag for me.

Ya let me know if you have any issues they are only about 15 min down the road from me. So crazy that small town has some cool hunting stores. I run contour roam cameras for hunting. But they need zoom lenses. After a search I found one place doing them. Looked up to ship they required me to turn left out my driveway and go 15 min to Sparta same road even. Now this rifle manufacturer is two blocks down same road.

You are gonna be very happy. Especially for the price. I can't wait to get those 163gr tipped hammers running. I know it's never gonna be my go to long range so I decided to drop down in weight and this should easily get me to my 800 yards want mark for this rifle. Side not you have a ton of length in the mags and they are incredibly nice built. All my custom bolt action loads even long heavies fit the mag. Not sure if the chamber has the throat but the mag will not hold you back at all. They are currently working on a standard capacity 10 round mag for me.
Oh good! Barell throat I can live with but the mag has been a concern on my mind. My only gripe was the 5 round capacity. You can show them this post . Ahem " 5 rounds? In a semi auto? Really?" LOL all in good fun. I like their passion to just build these calibers. I am going to be shooting this rifle to at least 500 yards. Because why not. Can't wait!

lol I said the same thing. Guys told me most people won't want to shoot more than 5 rounds. Because recoil and cost. I said well how far is 5 rounds gonna get me while in a helicopter shooting hogs. He looked me dead straight faced and said well that would be a lot in ammo and people wouldn't want to spend that. I laughed and said apparently you don't know how much it is to rent a helicopter for a day. The ammo would be the cheap parts. He stated "I never thought of that". Have a chuckle said I'll work on a mag with 10 rounds. So maybe this spring. I was more impressed with them offering a ar-10 in .243 with a 24" barrel. I've always wanted one but a 20" .243 didn't make much sense to me.

lol I said the same thing. Guys told me most people won't want to shoot more than 5 rounds. Because recoil and cost. I said well how far is 5 rounds gonna get me while in a helicopter shooting hogs. He looked me dead straight faced and said well that would be a lot in ammo and people wouldn't want to spend that. I laughed and said apparently you don't know how much it is to rent a helicopter for a day. The ammo would be the cheap parts. He stated "I never thought of that". Have a chuckle said I'll work on a mag with 10 rounds. So maybe this spring. I was more impressed with them offering a ar-10 in .243 with a 24" barrel. I've always wanted one but a 20" .243 didn't make much sense to me.
I have a 243win (22" 8T) in an AR, but not a glfa. A standard rifle length gas system seems short, but hope it's a good design! Pull weight is ridiculous, but looks like it should accept AR triggers? That might be the place to start for accuracy. Post some pics as I'm interested especially at the price about 1/3 of a noreen.

I have a 243win (22" 8T) in an AR, but not a glfa. A standard rifle length gas system seems short, but hope it's a good design! Pull weight is ridiculous, but looks like it should accept AR triggers? That might be the place to start for accuracy. Post some pics as I'm interested especially at the price about 1/3 of a noreen.
Ya these come with a 1:8 in them also in the 243. Triggers are very stiff but I'll dive into one this winter and see if a standard trigger falls in or if I'll just have to get to work on the one it came with.