Fraudulent Alert !!!

jon.henry755

Hi Everybody,
As I'm sure many of you are aware, I've spent months writing and submitting articles to review new products or help our members with guidance advancing their knowledge and tuning of the PSE TAC Series Crossbows.

I believe it's equally important that we sometimes need to raise a red flag when we've learned of businesses or distributors in our field that are not honest or reputable sellers. This helps guard all of us from dishonest practices and keeps our members and their hard earned money safe.

I do believe we have a right to help each other when the situation calls for it, so please take the information in this thread as a constructive warning, since it's not meant as an aggravated rant and I have no personal dislike for the business involved, I just don't like people who attempt to openly steal from everybody else.

About a month and a half ago, I was in the market to purchase some new products that I was interested in obtaining for my TAC15i, so I found a web seller that was offering these products at a discounted price online. I completed my order and paid via my credit card online and received a sales receipt for the order.

After almost a month and no correspondence or products, I attempted to call the seller several times over the coarse of a week. In each case I had to leave a message on an answering machine, but never received any call backs even though I left messages with my return telephone number and e-mail address.

Finally, I resorted to sending e-mails to the sellers e-mail address and it took another two weeks before I received a response. The response simply stated that they would look into the situation and get back to me. I had asked them to either ship the ordered goods out immediately or refund my purchase.

Another couple of weeks went by and I still never heard back from the seller. All follow-up communications were ignored and no credit or merchandise was ever sent.

I finally had to notify my credit card company that it was a fraudulent credit card transaction and asked them to reverse the charges.

I would like to save other outdoor buyers from experiencing the same grief, so I'm suggesting a simple communication that each of us can perform to alert family and friends to avoid the same problem.

The sellers company name is: Select Archery & Outdoor Supply, out of Bloomington, IL.
There website is: Select Archery and Outdoor Supply, Inc.

It's this type of theft that hurts our sport and tarnishes the efforts of honest folks in our sport, so we should be publishing these places to help each other avoid losing our hard earned money.

Please pass the word to your own network of contacts. They may thank you for helping them avoid the pitfalls!

Thanks,

Xbow755

I, for one, fully appreciate the review of their store. After going through this myself with an online store a couple years ago, I am happy to see a place in which people can share their experiences.

Thank you!

-Jason

Sad but true that there are folks out there who can not be trusted in a business transaction and web based sales make it all too easy..... Much appreciate your post and the option of having a place where we can warn folks when we run across these....

Be aware and be safe....

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.