Found dead Ram

turns out it wasn't too smart of them to start posting pics of the ram..it was a pick up from inside the park(illegal)...everyone has seen pics of it and it was plugged and microchiped by our conservation cervice.. they're looking at major fines and possibly jailtime from what I hear from a C.O. friend of mine....turns out maybe they should've made sure their quads plates weren't in the photo. not to mention quadding into the park looking for winterkills and sheds.

father and son found one like that herein MT, FEW YEARS BACK AND TURNED IT IN TO F&G

Sp6x6, in MT is it required by law to turn them in to F&G?
No it is not required to turn them in, a ranch hand I KNEW, HIS boss, manager found a 200 " and just left it he was also a state biologist. But you can not posses a ram unless it is '' PLUGGED" by F&G, deer,elk,moose, goat,bear can be picked up if died of natural causes. But if you come across a B&C road kill deer you can not take the antlers.

For us Eastern folks, well at least me what is meant by: can not posses a ram unless it is '' PLUGGED"?

For us Eastern folks, well at least me what is meant by: can not posses a ram unless it is '' PLUGGED"?
To have any ram horns in MT it has to be a legal ram, and for MT that means it has a brass ID that is drilled and placed in the back of the horn. So say you are a knife maker and you cut that horn up for knife handles, it has to have a plug. Now I dont know how that would work if you could prove you had horns from out of state? I thought most states plugged.

But what is a plug? is it a device that's actually plugged into the piece of horn...like an ID plug? What's it look like and if not to sophisticated how do they avoid conterfeit plugs. I've never heard of this stuff before and it really has me curious.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.