Finally after all these year bought inch pound torque wrench for rifle scopes

I bought this one a couple of years ago, used a Lisle, Fat Wrench and Fix-it Sticks before. I have had this one calibrated at work. I always back mine off, regardless of what I use it for.

About $100 or $120 delivered when I bought it.

IMG_3119.jpeg

I have also, like many here, mounted, removed, and remounted numerous scopes over the years. Never had an issue. Just tighten to what feels right.

Last year I started shooting NRL22 and bought a Tikka T1X and a Vortex Venom 5-25x56 34mm tube. I figured it was time to get a torque wrench and got the FAT wrench.

I bought what I thought were good rings. I had three different torque values I needed to hit. Rail to receiver, bottom half of the base, and top rings. I was almost done and tightening the top rings in a crosswise pattern. I got the click on all of them except for the last torx screw. That one kept spinning. Twisted the head of the screw right off. I double checked the 7 other screws and they seemed good.

I returned the rings and picked up a pair of Vortex Pro rings. They bolted up just fine. I have removed the scope and remounted and everything is great.

Without the wrench I would have doubted myself and thought I over tightened things.

I use a MAC in/lb torque wrench. A pawn shop find, but i wish I bought the Snap-On dial in/lb torque wrench. I could of used that for changing gears on my rigs.