FF new brass

I have been reloading for 30 years and reload and shoot around 4000 precision rifle rounds per year.
The one time I did not measure chamber length and size to it I ran the hornady 6gt resizer down to the Ram and resized 200 pieces of once fired brass……015" too far!
Same deal!
******* mistake that I corrected by using 87 grain vmax bullets and trailboss. Shooting the spinner and mini mover at 100 yards.

ten thou is actually rather common with belted... I had a rifle at 17 thou. once. I tore that one apart and the barrel is in the antlers of the 6x7 buck I took with it at 480 yards offhand. With rimless a few thou. is enough but your ten thou. should still not produce light strikes. I would have mentioned a false shoulder (but it has already been mentioned) as I've had to do that with some of the "cough" better 7stw brass that came from the factory too short and at $2 a pop irritated me to no end blowing the base first firing and producing light strikes.

I don't think the problem is the die, it's chamber. It was cut too deep. I'd confirm that with headspace gauges. If it is excessive, take it back to your gunsmith and make him fix it. If head space is right, then your die is bad. I haven't sent a die back in years, but RCBS wanted three fired cases along with your die.

Could always try to fireform using a light powder charge with cream of wheat fill and sealed with wax. Made a bunch of .458 Win Mag brass that way using 338 and 300 Win Mag brass.

Could always try to fireform using a light powder charge with cream of wheat fill and sealed with wax. Made a bunch of .458 Win Mag brass that way using 338 and 300 Win Mag brass.

I've done more of that than I care to admit to. I just don't like it as much anymore which is one of the reasons the rechambering to PRC.