February Shooting Challenge

IMG_7042.jpeg
strikingly familiar looks of one of our mutual friends…..

Alright fellers. I believe the bar has been set with today's challenge. Myself and my best friend, again, shot some freehand this evening right at dusk. This time the rifle was a fierce carbon fury 300 prc shooting factory Hornady eldm ammo. 500 yards. Just for laughs of course. My impact was about 16" low and a couple off to the right. And I actually thought that was ok.
Then he shot. I'm sure it was luck again. But better to be lucky than good they say. In the picture, I'm pointing at my impact. Y'all can see his is obviously a little closer. View attachment 541314
Since you build houses for a living maybe grab a tape and give us a measurement on that 🤣

That's a awesome shot for 500 yards off hand.

here's with a 22 parvo at 550 prone today with about 8mph left to right cold bore shot honestly the second Time I've ever shot it that far. It was on 12 power Athlon helos gen2 not the best scope, just one I have laying around.

Attachments

• IMG_3472.jpeg
    IMG_3472.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 20
Since you build houses for a living maybe grab a tape and give us a measurement on that 🤣

That's an awesome shot for 500 yards off hand.
I don't build houses. I'm in the middle of building our forever home. Ultimate test in a marriage.

Edit to add. Ain't no way I'd build houses for a living.
Get paid by building something to make a woman happy…. Nope.

Last edited:
Got done with load work up for my sons new deer rifle this past week so figured id use it for the Feb challenge and see if dope was close. This was the first round past 300yds out of this rifle. It's an all factory Tikka T3 22-250 1:8 twist shooting 55 TTSX at 3630.

I don't have an aim point painted on these gongs so I measured off center of gong, call it 5/8" off aim point. Should be a hammer on whitetails and antelope. Bipod prone no rear bag.
IMG_2544.jpeg

This picture is my 2nd entry. (Lower left impact) Super cheap build but has been my go to rifle for numerous years in 6.5x284 with 143eldx at 3090. Off bipod prone no rear bag.
IMG_2545.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got out and shot this months challenge. I ordered a target specifically to use for these challenges and I think it's going to make it more fun for me. I don't like shooting paper near as much as shooting animals so I tried this.

500 yards
Prone
300 wsm, 163 AH
50°F, 14mph left to right wind
10" from point of aim
IMG_1270.jpeg
IMG_1271.jpeg

IMG_1272.jpeg

What the h€||…….has everyone quit shooting the challenge?

I'm back from 3 weeks of hell out on America's Highways…..long story!

A lot of repairs to do, but hope to make at least one shot (my second shot) before the weather goes to 💩 and gets windy!

So, if anyone is reading this…..let's get off of our butts and make a shot or two! It's been so long and my memory is so short….isn't the second shot 200 yards from shootsticks, ect? memtb

500 yards best cold bore shot off of any shooting implement or position you Choose
Other than a bench.
(Be honest ) on paper target only.
Closest measurement from point of aim to point of impact wins

Good luck and good shooting 👍
What's the March challenge? My wife who rarely shoots with us just ask.

What's the March challenge? My wife who rarely shoots with us just ask.

Window…..it seems that there was minimal interest shown, so Trm82 pretty much "pulled the plug" on the shots!

It seems that we have a lot of "keyboard Master Shooters" that don't walk the walk! Honest, practical shooting, IMO is a good thing. For those of us that hunt p, it clearly shows us our weaknesses. memtb

Window…..it seems that there was minimal interest shown, so Trm82 pretty much "pulled the plug" on the shots!

It seems that we have a lot of "keyboard Master Shooters" that don't walk the walk! Honest, practical shooting, IMO is a good thing. For those of us that hunt p, it clearly shows us our weaknesses. memtb
That's a shame. I loved the fact that it inspired my wife and daughter to want to get out and shoot. There's nothing better than a little friendly competition with nothing to lose other than a little pride. The February challenge was a good one and we videoed it from start to finish and they both outshot me. Hopefully we can get something like this back up and going. After all, it's a long range hunting site with a ton of good people.