Favorite shotgun

Oh boy do I have a story on that one, wood is great, love the engraving and the gun points well for me. At least it did on the only round of sporting clays I shot before the action started completely tearing itself apart.

Every single sliding surface on that gun is galling together even while properly lubricated. It is back at Browning for the second time after polishing didn't fix the issue and I don't expect to be getting it back. It's been opened less than 300 times but the galling and polishing have taken a substantial amount of life out of the gun at this point. I suspect it was improperly heat treated after the engraving and the action is shot at this point.

Since it was sold NIB from a Browning dealer but it was a 2022 model I have no idea if they can provide another one or if they will just give me a refund. I did really like everything about that gun so I'm curious to see what will end up happening.
Keep us posted.

My Stevens 520 takedown made between 1907 and 1914. I paid $70 dollars for it about 20 years ago. It's so awesome my other brother that works IT security for a utility company, big bucks list o guns, his first purchase was a 520 over whatever he had planned for a shotgun.

Its hard to beat old reliable.I still have my first 870 as well as my dad's 870 in the gun safe. I take it out twice a year to oil it up and hold it just to relive the many days we spent afield when I was a kid. He loved that shotgun. I have never shot it. The 870 was probably one of, if not the best, shotgun ever made for hunting. Just my opinion of course and we all know what that is worth! Congrats on the Thunder Chicken's.
I have had and hunted with numerous 870's. Wingmaster, slug and a super magnum and all were reliable but once I started shooting a semi auto I was ruined. I tried my friend's sons 870 and it worked great for the first shot but I couldn't get it through my pea brain to pump for the second shot! lol

My all time favorite is a Model 12 Featherweight with a 30+ inch barrel my dad bought me at a garage sale many years ago. I still take it out from time to time, but it's mostly a safe queen since it's all original and I want it to stay that way.

Now I shoot an A400 Extreme and it's a dream to shoot. The women's Montefeltro 20ga I bought for my daughter does happen to go with me from time to time too if she doesn't. I looked at a Silver edition Montefeltro 12ga before I bought the A400 and decided it was so pretty I'd never take it to the field.

In my younger years, my Coast to Coast Pump 12 gauge was THE gun. Didn't know until years later that is was made by Mossberg as the 500. No rib, 28" barrel, full choke. I set almost all my shooting records with this gun. 1st pheasant double and triple, 1 double on ducks. This was also the first gun I shot trap with. Wish to heck I never traded it off!! Dad had bought it for me when I was in 4th grade. I walked a lot of beans, mowed the lawn many times, took care of the livestock, etc. We never even considered asking for payment. It was a huge surprise to get this gun the day before 1st day of the pheasant season opening. I had time to clean it and put it in a case before bedtime. First bird that jumped was mine. Nice to break in a gun right!!
Later it was my Remington 870 Wingmaster. 12 gauge, 28" barrel, full choke.
Both of those guns were purchased before screw-in choke tubes were a thing.
Then I bought a Browning BPS. It was the last year of the slab-sides, before the cheap engraving was added. 12 gauge, 26" barrel, and finally multi-chokes.
I've used many other shotguns over the years, but these easily stand out as my favorites!!

Its hard to beat old reliable.I still have my first 870 as well as my dad's 870 in the gun safe. I take it out twice a year to oil it up and hold it just to relive the many days we spent afield when I was a kid. He loved that shotgun. I have never shot it. The 870 was probably one of, if not the best, shotgun ever made for hunting. Just my opinion of course and we all know what that is worth! Congrats on the Thunder Chicken's.
I bought mine when Remington came out with the turkey hunters special. It had a 30" chromed lined bore 2 yrs.later Remington came out with the rem choke.I waited 2yrs to get a 26" rem choke bbl and a complete set of chokes. I later purchased my custom choke that I have used on turkey for several years. Thanks for the congrats I was truly blessed. I saved my 4th and final spot for a 3 bearded Tom that I had several encounters with during the deer season but it never happened. Guess he got the memo lol.

Wow, is it possible to have just one favorite?

My first was an 870 Wingmaster and still have it, but she sits in the safe a lot.

For Ducks, Xtrema II
For turkey, Browning Gold 3.5 or now with TSS my 725 in .410
For dove and Quail. 725 in .410
Slug, is my 1187
Sporting Clays Bertuzzi Zeuss or Perazzi MT6
Swan Side by side muzzle loader with BB's
home defense 870 express with 10 round extended mag

Then I have the ones that have the great sentimental value from my grandfathers. No way I could pick just one as my favorite.

If I had to pick one to be my ONLY shotgun, that would never let me down, 870 all day long.

Oh boy do I have a story on that one, wood is great, love the engraving and the gun points well for me. At least it did on the only round of sporting clays I shot before the action started completely tearing itself apart.

Every single sliding surface on that gun is galling together even while properly lubricated. It is back at Browning for the second time after polishing didn't fix the issue and I don't expect to be getting it back. It's been opened less than 300 times but the galling and polishing have taken a substantial amount of life out of the gun at this point. I suspect it was improperly heat treated after the engraving and the action is shot at this point.

Since it was sold NIB from a Browning dealer but it was a 2022 model I have no idea if they can provide another one or if they will just give me a refund. I did really like everything about that gun so I'm curious to see what will end up happening.
Wow! I wish you the best maybe it can be worked out to your satisfaction.

Here are a couple of Ithacas. A model 600 O/U and a Model 900 Semi. These are from circa 1968 to 1972 when my Dad was Production Control manager at Ithaca and I was a little ankle-bighter. We lived in Trumansburg, NY at the time. My Dad managed Ithaca's deal with SKB arms back in the day and was given these when he left in '72. They are now mine. Dad is slowly succumbing to Alzheimer's now but his legacy lives on as his 17 year old grandson shoots trap with the O/U and I shot my first Turkey ever last year with the 900, which is an SKB prototype (one of 4 made) from SKB. They are nice to have.
IMG_8953.jpeg

IMG_8954.jpeg

Here are a couple of Ithacas. A model 600 O/U and a Model 900 Semi. These are from circa 1968 to 1972 when my Dad was Production Control manager at Ithaca and I was a little ankle-bighter. We lived in Trumansburg, NY at the time. My Dad managed Ithaca's deal with SKB arms back in the day and was given these when he left in '72. They are now mine. Dad is slowly succumbing to Alzheimer's now but his legacy lives on as his 17 year old grandson shoots trap with the O/U and I shot my first Turkey ever last year with the 900, which is an SKB prototype (one of 4 made) from SKB. They are nice to have.
View attachment 572149
View attachment 572150
Priceless!