• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Factory Colt Sporter Lightweight in cal. 7.62x39mm

md66948

I am selling One Factory Colt Sporter Lightweight in cal. 7.62x39mm.

This is a Pre Ban Rifle. The Colt Lightweight in 7.62 x 39 cal. was produced in very small numbers and is highly sought after and a huge collector rifle for both Colt Collectors and AR15 Collectors. They produced very few of these rifles.

There is One Colt 7.62x39 magazine provided with this rifle. It is Marked "Colt 7.62x39". There are a lot of quality after market 7.62 x 39 AR15 magazines that are produced that will work in this Colt 7.62 x 39 Sporter.

Description:

Stock Dimensions 13 3/4" LOP

Metal Condition Very few very Lite User Marks

Trigger Single Trigger

Bore Condition Nice and Shiny, As New

Barrel 16"

Fore End Typical

Butt Plastic Butt Plate

Sights Elavation Adjustable Front, Adjustable Rear

Wood Condition Very Few Very Lite User Marks

Weight 7 Lbs 10 Oz.

Stock Plastic Pistol Grip

Very rarely shot and was kept in storage. There are handling marks that can be seen in the photos.
The Bore is as New and I will try to post pictures of it in the very near future. I will also try to get pictures of the bolt and internals for your viewing.
These Used Colt Sporter Lightweight 7.62x39mm Rifles sell on GB for over 2K. I am asking $1,795.00 plus $25.00 for shipping to an FFL. Please make sure that your FFL will accept rifles from a Non-FFL Holder. If they don't my FFL charges $50.00 plus actual shipping costs.

I am in PA and local pickup can be arranged with a documented Pa Resident.

All payments must be made with a USPS MO.

Last edited:
I am posting detail pictures of the Bolt and Bolt Carrier showing you the lack of wear on these items.