experimental vortex scope.

wyoming4x4

wyoming special vortex, 5 oz. On the money. cubscout edition.

Attachments

• 141.jpg
    141.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 136.jpg
    136.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 70
I build a pinewood derby car for rockymtn sports in sheridan wyo. The store donates to the local scouts every year. We get to build a car but i have build something related to the stores products. this paticular year was vortex rifle scopes. thought you guys might get a kick out of this build, was fun! The local kids get a kick out of what we build and gets the little minds a thinking! We get to race it against other local businesses and have fun at the yearly race, good times!

When I was a Cub, I had to build my own. Dads weren't supposed to help (they did however). I like it. Probably have less wind resistance if it was hollow.....

Those were great days.....

Next year, do a rangefinder......:)

hollow derby car and making weight, gonna have to work on that. need to dig up my other derby car for the store. it was a mechanical broadhead and functioned. the kids really like that one. they wouldn't let me have razor sharp blades, no fun. glad you liked!

Looks good. Two things that I always found to help when I was a Cub were to make sure the axles were uneven so I might not have the friction from all four wheels on the track at once, and to chuck the axle pins in a drill and polish the heads to radius them and keep them from rubbing on the plastic wheels, again, reducing friction.

hollow derby car and making weight, gonna have to work on that. need to dig up my other derby car for the store. it was a mechanical broadhead and functioned. the kids really like that one. they wouldn't let me have razor sharp blades, no fun. glad you liked!

Whatever you do, post a picture. Reminds me of my scouting days.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts