Epoxy in recoil lug

Ucsdryder

I need to epoxy in the recoil lug on my tikka. I don't want to bed it. Is there a specific epoxy that would work better? Superglue? 2 part epoxy like jb weld? Is there something that's permanent but removable if needed? There is very little wiggle room, maybe 1/16" in the hole the recoil lug drops into.

To clarify you want to bed ONLY the recoil lug with something permanent...but removable?
JB weld... but you might need to open it up with a dremel To have a slightly bigger area and so the JB can adhere to the stock. You can grind it out when you want to remove it.

To clarify you want to bed ONLY the recoil lug with something permanent...but removable?
JB weld... but you might need to open it up with a dremel To have a slightly bigger area and so the JB can adhere to the stock. You can grind it out when you want to remove it.
I don't want to bed anything. I just want the recoil lug to be permanently attached to the stock. It's an aftermarket and comes with the lug loose. The manufacturer said they don't seat because they want you to be able to match it to your specific action for a perfect fit, which makes sense. So I truly just want to "glue" it in.

Not sure why you would want to do this. If you change actions and or recoil lug you can just re bed it then. Bedding the lug is almost the same as expoxying it in permanent except you will cause your self a lot of headaches. Glued in permanent equals you not being able to remove action from the stock unless you screw barrel off

Thanks

Buck

Not sure why you would want to do this. If you change actions and or recoil lug you can just re bed it then. Bedding the lug is almost the same as expoxying it in permanent except you will cause your self a lot of headaches. Glued in permanent equals you not being able to remove action from the stock unless you screw barrel off

Thanks

Buck
The tikka barrel fits on top of the recoil lug. It's not attached to the recoil lug. I want to attach the recoil lug to the stock. Then the recoil lug would slide into the Recoil slot on the barrel action. The action wouldn't be permanently attached.

Original gorilla glue

Attachments

• 16412373952425911276517625016066.jpg
    16412373952425911276517625016066.jpg
    685.8 KB · Views: 123
If there is 1/16" wiggle room, I would still temporarily fix the lug to the action before glueing the lug into the stock, that way you can be sure that the lug is truly square with the action lug slot. That would likely require making the slot in the stock a little bigger to make sure you can get the lug in there when attached to the action without knocking it off the action.

Unless, there is some way of just glueing the lug in the stock and ensuring it's square with the action slot. I don't know what that would be if there is a way

If there is 1/16" wiggle room, I would still temporarily fix the lug to the action before glueing the lug into the stock, that way you can be sure that the lug is truly square with the action lug slot. That would likely require making the slot in the stock a little bigger to make sure you can get the lug in there when attached to the action without knocking it off the action.

Unless, there is some way of just glueing the lug in the stock and ensuring it's square with the action slot. I don't know what that would be if there is a way
I treated it no different than bedding any stock.
Prepped stock and lug, applied release agent to everything I didn't want bonded, glued lug in, attach action to lug and attach bottom metal. Let it cure for 24 hours.

I treated it no different than bedding any stock.
Prepped stock and lug, applied release agent to everything I didn't want bonded, glued lug in, attach action to lug and attach bottom metal. Let it cure for 24 hours.
How much glue did you use? Are you talking a dab or filling the recoil lug hole so it oozes out?