epic day at the range!!

Savagebien

well after months of anticipation, saving $, and planning i finally got out to shoot some longer distance stuff, over 100 yards. so i went to a range near here called Monroe County Gun Club, and set out to hit all the silhouette targets at 2,30,4, and 500 meters, and did just that. except the 400 meter target because my elevation estimates were off. but after not gettin 400 i decided to go for 500, with some good spotting by the owner of the range i got it adjusted and banged the ram several times!!!!! it was a pretty good group for the distance and my experience at that distance, not one. i was shooting my savage 11gl in .243 with my new bushnell elite 3200 10x40 mil dot. bullets were sierra 100gr spitzer boat tails, imr 4350. the owner, charlie wheaton was extremely nice, talked to me a lot about rifles and rifle silhouette competition. he was pretty awesome and knew a lot. he had his 7 BR there and let me shoot it a couple times, it was wild, the trigger pull was SO light. he banged the 500 meter ram shooting offhand just like in rifle silhouette competition, pretty awesome to see, cuz i hadn't b4. SO, after a few weeks reloading, months of research and planning, it all paid off and i couldn't be happier. about the rifle shooting flatter than i thought... that was odd but i ran the stuff again considering the mins i had to dial for 500 meters, and it looks like the ammo is shooting about 3150 fps, and i thought it was 2800 going by the sierra manual, and m rifle has the same 22 in barrel their test rifle had, so go figure i guess, maybe smaller case capacity??? im happy though!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts