Elevation/GPS on OnX?

brinker19

Is there a way to see the elevation of a specific point (saved waypoint or just a location you zoom in to)? I realize you can turn on Hybrid or Topo, then try to look at the closest lines, etc. What I'm looking for is a way to back to a point on the map to get GPS coordinates and elevation without physically being there or using another program/app.

Thanks!

Use a computer, Get on Google Earth and go to the point you want to go to. As you are running the mouse over the map to locate the exact location. Look down at the lower right side of your screen. The elevation will show as you move the mouse arrow. Also in the same area of the screen it will show the Longitude and Latitude also. On most GPS you have to go in and change the Long/Latitude program to match google earth program and enter the coordinates and it will take you to the location. Suggest you play with these programs in your community or your local hunting area. To make sure you have the GPS programed with Google Earth, Before going to some other state and try to find an exact location.

A friend and I use Google earth and GPS program to locate farm loading chutes and barn drive ways, To pick up animals and farm equipment. Saves a lot of getting in wrong drive way and have to turn trailers in tight places.
I have used it also to locate houses of people who had Post Office box addresses, Before the 911 physical addresses mapping gives physical addresses you can GPS.
Good Luck on this adventure.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts