Ear shot 22 Tikka T1x , CCI velocitor about 85 yards.

ohlongarmisle

gh5.jpeg

Good equipment and correct skill set usage, precision placement with accurate ammo and equipment!

tell me more. so you dig a hole and bury a 5 gallon bucket so it top is flush with ground? I want to do some baiting.
First off make sure it's allowed in NY,I doubt that it is,exposed bait .If you're reasonably assured that prying nosy eyes won't be around then go for it. Dig a hole that a 5 gallon bucket can fit in level with the surrounding earth,fill with coyote attractants,dead gh's chickens etc, if you live near broiler housed they lose dozens a day that can be had for free. Freeze buckets of offal in an old chest freezer till ready to use,winter is best,the coyotes will dig relentlessly to get at the buckets contents. I completely cover mine with leaves,twigs,and even an inch or 2 of dirt, literally shot hundreds using this technique. Set up a trail cam to monitor activity keep records , coyotes are creatures of habit, if you follow these tips you will kill coyotes.

First off make sure it's allowed in NY,I doubt that it is,exposed bait .If you're reasonably assured that prying nosy eyes won't be around then go for it. Dig a hole that a 5 gallon bucket can fit in level with the surrounding earth,fill with coyote attractants,dead gh's chickens etc, if you live near broiler housed they lose dozens a day that can be had for free. Freeze buckets of offal in an old chest freezer till ready to use,winter is best,the coyotes will dig relentlessly to get at the buckets contents. I completely cover mine with leaves,twigs,and even an inch or 2 of dirt, literally shot hundreds using this technique. Set up a trail cam to monitor activity keep records , coyotes are creatures of habit, if you follow these tips you will kill coyotes.
Thanks for the tips I will give it a try. surprisingly its legal to bail for coyotes in New York. I been using roadkill deer on my property but haven't had much luck. I have pulled in a few dogs from the neighborhood. I have access to A better property a hour south of me. It will be a good remote wooded area. problem is i only be able to rebait weekly.

Keep records IMHO is the best advice anyone could be given, it is up to the individual to accept it and use it or not, in the end.

Thanks for the tips I will give it a try. surprisingly its legal to bail for coyotes in New York. I been using roadkill deer on my property but haven't had much luck. I have pulled in a few dogs from the neighborhood. I have access to A better property a hour south of me. It will be a good remote wooded area. problem is i only be able to rebait weekly.
A killer bait is the guts stomach included with contents,a deer's entrails will just fill a bucket to the brim perfectly,in most cases,being almost a perfect fit.