• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Delete

WTB788 short bolt

Thanks for the info. However, I'm in need of only a short bolt, ie: 222,223 or 22-250.

WTB 788 bolt

Olio. The bolt length is what I'm concerned about. Rem 788 bolts for 243-308 are nearly 1/4 inch longer than those made for 223, ans 22-250.

Wisners

Try getting a hold of Wisners on the coast. I know they make bolt bodies for the 0.308, and maybe he does or would for the 22-250. Wisners makes many parts for the 788 BTW. If he doesn't make them, he should be able to help you locate used stuff.

Artpro

What is broke on your 788 bolt ?

Can It be Fixed by an Gun smith ?

I have 6 Rem 788 Rifles an use all of them well my 3 Boys use them .

most of my I have Found at Gun shops for around $250.00 . Here .

If you can knot find one i will check the gun shope around here .

Redbone

WTB 788 bolt

Hi y'all. Thanks for all the leads and suggestions. I love toying with and shooting 788 rifles. I now have one in 22-250 (barrelled action and stock) that is missing its bolt. I've been aware of Wisner's for several years and have spoken with George in the past about his work. However, at this time, I hope to find a complete short 788 bolt. Someone has to have a bolt that lost its barrelled action.

Last edited:

Recent Posts