Daypack Dilemma

Great looking country! Seems like a nice setup except the sling, which is why I'm looking for a better sling system. Holding the sling low, the way you are in the pic, if it slipped off your shoulder, it might fall muzzle down.
Picked up a rubber sling at a gun show years ago.
Absolutely non-slip, but heavy.

I bought a KUIU Divide 1500 yesterday. Very pleasantly surprised with it. My main pack is an EXO 4800, but I wanted something very light for an upcoming Aoudad hunt, where I'm just a cameraman.

Need water, lunch, my Big Agnes glassing chair (super light and tough) and tripod/bino/spotter. This pack is the right size and very light at just barely over 2lbs. (2lb 2.5oz)

Have only worn it around the house, but very comfortable, fits right, very substantial waist belt (removable) with pockets.

I bought green over a camo bc I have traveled enough to hunt to know that you DO NOT want to stand out as a hunter. I have had bad things happen when agents found out I was hunting.

I'm a hiker and I take pictures. Thats what I do Sir/Ma'am.

Attachments

• IMG_5300.jpeg
    IMG_5300.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5298.jpeg
    IMG_5298.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5299.jpeg
    IMG_5299.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5297.jpeg
    IMG_5297.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 23
Shameless plug for my buddy Ted who makes the Frankenstud Sling Keeper.

It's simple and works with your daypack/pack and sling to keep your rifle on your shoulder. I use the stud along with the Kuiu bino harnes to keep everything except my spotter easily accessible, and am able to use my trekking poles which are needed since I have a fused right ankle. It even works well with fanny packs that have shoulder straps.

I bought a KUIU Divide 1500 yesterday. Very pleasantly surprised with it. My main pack is an EXO 4800, but I wanted something very light for an upcoming Aoudad hunt, where I'm just a cameraman.
I may go this route, interesting pack and a little bigger than my Eberlestock Mini-Me. Nicer waist band, shoulder straps and a frame sheet. The Minime is kind of a divide concept where you can unzip the perimeter and slide in a rifle scabbard. But the capacity is minimal until you deploy the birdbag from the bottom, and there is no support frame in the pack.

Just got my slick sling over the weekend and installed it on my Mystery ranch pack. I am going to give it a field test soon but so far I think it might a great set up for those big hike days where the extra couple pounds of the team elk pack adds up over the MR.