CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, but we have only one side of the story. I have NEVER heard of anyone claiming to have had bad customer service from Bartlien, until this thread.
What you read is my full, factual documented experience. You can choose to believe it or not. Makes no difference to me. Ask yourself though, if this happened to you...is this series of events outlined acceptable regardless of whether they replaced the barrel or not?

Some will share their experience of shortened throat/lead life with +P chambers. I suspect some don't, so as to not stir up the hornet nest.
This is where I think it's important for those with first hand experience to chime in. Good, bad, or indifferent, it helps the rest of us make a good decision.

Thank you, Tumbleweed, for posting this.

Found this right here on this Forum. Posted on Aug. 30, 2023. Direct from Bartlein.
So, I'm throwing this out here and I'm going to be very blunt about it and I also posted this on Snipers Hide and Accurate Shooter.

Here is my stance on +P chamber throats. You're cutting away the height of the lands as well as making the throat longer (as much as another .750" from what we've seen) as I understand it and from what I've seen in several barrels customers have sent back to us. So, guys think they can run a heavier powder charge and keep pressures down etc... to get more velocity. Ok fine but by doing that you can expect it to have a negative impact on barrel life/accuracy.

This is another variable beyond our control. You want to put a bigger camshaft in your cars engine and a bigger carburetor I get it but then you add nitro methane in your gas tank or put nitrous on it as well to go even faster.... there is a tradeoff for going faster and doing things like this. You don't get to eat your cake and keep it to.

So, I've told all my guys in the office here... I will not warranty any barrel that a customer thinks the barrel died early etc... and they are running a +P chamber set up.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

@tracybartlein

Frank, care to comment?

Nez
Pretty clear he already has. Not much needs to be added; the post I quoted above is pretty cut and dried. If you think that is bad CS buy barrels from someone else, but ask if they warranty +P chambers first. Let us know if you find anyone that actually will.

Pretty clear he already has. Not much needs to be added; the post I quoted above is pretty cut and dried. If you think that is bad CS buy barrels from someone else, but ask if they warranty +P chambers first. Let us know if you find anyone that actually will.
I ask again, regardless of whether they replaced the barrel or not... do you find the timeline and chain of events with Bartlein an acceptable customer experience?

I ask again, regardless of whether they replaced the barrel or not... do you find the timeline and chain of events with Bartlein an acceptable customer experience?
I'm not defending Bartlien but if you know anything at all about +P throats you know barrel life sucks no matter the barrel.
In your post you said you fired no more than 3 shots at a time, in my 30-28 I fire no more than 2 because I feel 3 is to hot and a RUM burns alot more powder.
The mod steel didn't meet your expectations. Put yourself in Bartliens shoes, there's 2 sides to every coin.
They have no idea how the barrel was treated other than your word which im sure they have heard alot when a customer complains.

I'm not defending Bartlien but if you know anything at all about +P throats you know barrel life sucks no matter the barrel.
In your post you said you fired no more than 3 shots at a time, in my 30-28 I fire no more than 2 because I feel 3 is to hot and a RUM burns alot more powder.
The mod steel didn't meet your expectations. Put yourself in Bartliens shoes, there's 2 sides to every coin.
They have no idea how the barrel was treated other than your word which im sure they have heard alot when a customer complains.
That's where some of the documentation I provided comes into play. And the list of excuses besides the +P as to why they wouldn't help. Blaming cleaning when I have bore cam video before sending it in that shows only very light carbon that certainly wouldn't cause a pressure issue. I know guys that never ever clean and they seem to achieve normal barrel life.
That was just another excuse on the pile.

I would have felt better about this had they just come back and took a hard stance on the +P and no warranty vs. a list of ridiculous other cop outs and in the end insulting a customer and suggesting I was being dishonest in spite of the documentation I provided.

Pretty sure tracy made a post very recently and probably about this. A rum going 800 rounds is pushing it to its limits. Someone thar can shoot 1/4 moa will see it diminish around 600. So 450 rounds on one with +p isn't too far out of possibility. Maybe try one in different manufacturer see how it shakes out. Defensive edge sells plus p as a marketing strategy. Hes not gonna tell you it'll smoke your barrel.

My point is I can right anything down and say its documentation.
I guess that's where a company decides whether they want to retain a customer and all of the future barrels they will buy and also recommend to others. I think they have gotten so backlogged that CS does not need to be a priority anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.