• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Custom ELR Rifle w/ NF Scope, Spares, Dies, Fitted Case +++ for Sale

ELR Researcher

Custom ELR Rifle w/ NF Scope, Spares, Dies, Fitted Case +++ for Sale SOLD PRF

Action: BAT model HR (repeater), RB/RP, 1.35" round, spiral flutes, w/ ejector, tactical bolt handle, and integral recoil lug, SN HR1023 (in perfect functional condition; some wear marks on the bolt); BAT SS 20 MOA Pic rail; BAT-sourced, flat black Melonite (nitride) finish on the receiver, bolt, and rail; Bix 'n Andy trigger with right-side/top safety; spare BAT zero MOA and 40 MOA Pic rails (black nitrided); BAT action wrench; single shot loading block (CDI, for 338 LM CIP length mag DBM)

Barrels (5):

(2) K&P .338 caliber (.3300/.3380), 416R, 36" finished, 1:8.5 twist, 1.350 straight cylinder; chambered by Kirby Allen in .338 Allen Xpress (AX) "+P" (long throat and other proprietary tech); the mounted barrel has approximately 550-600 rounds thru it and the other has zero thru it (brand new, never installed after chambering). NOTE: This chambering is proprietary to Allen Precision Shooting/APS, meaning, if you want additional barrels in this chambering, you will need to go back to APS – expect extended lead times. FYI, you can use .338 LM factory ammo in this chambering. NOTE: The second (un-shot) barrel is not in the components picture because it is at one of my smiths, who I'd asked to slug it to see if we could back into a reamer for it – the conclusion was, "No". That barrel will be returned to me by late December or early January.

(1) Rock Creek .338 caliber, M24 profile (1.200 breech, .900 muzzle), 9.394:1 twist, 5R, 26" finished, flutted, 416R – chambered by Kirby Allen in .338 AX (standard), used only for fire forming

(1) Krieger .338 caliber (.3300/.3380), SS, 5R, 26" finished, 1:9.35 twist, 6 flutes, #17 contour (1.250 breech, .900 muzzle); chambered by Kirby Allen in .338 Norma Magnum (Jimmie Sloan reamer, PTG #32448); zero rounds thru it (brand new, never installed after chambering). NOTE: Includes the noted PTG reamer (removable pilot, carbide, ACT Quantum coated) and PTG go and no-go gauges.

(1) Bartlein .338 caliber (.3300/.3380), SS, 5R, 30" finished, 1:9.5 twist, non-std contour (1.350 x 5 breech, tapers to 1.000 muzzle); chambered by Kirby Allen in .338 AX (standard); zero rounds thru it (brand new, never installed after chambering).

All barrels include thread protectors and, except the fire-form (26") one, all were salt bath nitrided flat black by Parker Trutec after chambering.

Muzzle Brake - ArmaLite AR-30A1 (.338 version), 3/4-24 thread – VERY effective - between the weight of the rifle, the recoil pad, and this brake, there is NO discomfort whatsoever!

Gunsmithing (barreled action) by Kirby Allen at Allen Precision Shooting/APS (www.apsrifles.com)

Stock - Manners MCS-TF4 stock (custom-contoured forearm – approx 3.0" wide, flat bottom, vertical sides; folding buttstock with approx 5/8" wide, flat bottom and (2) holes with threaded inserts for a rear Pic rail (rail not included); heavy fill; Manners mini-chassis (action block insert); Freeland front rail insert; installed and contoured AiRecoil recoil pad (EW10); painted matte black; Freeland-to-Pic adapter (VersaPod #350-602 – includes short Pic rail). As configured the rifle can be shot from a bench with bench rest-style front rest or from a bipod (using the Freeland-to-Pic adapter).

NOTE: I also have an XLR Evolution HD chassis for this barreled action – described in a separate, stand alone ad. If interested, please e-mail me (webmaster at elr-resources.com) for the then-current link. If desired, this could be the stock/chassis used for this rifle sale (price to be recalculated accordingly).

Scope and scope mounts – Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 SFP with MOAR-T reticle (#C555), 120 MOA, excellent condition; ERA-TAC adjustable incline mount with QD levers, 34mm rings, tallest height, 0-70 MOA adjustment capability built in (#T1064-0030); the rings in the ERA-TAC have been align honed (regrettably, that honing has since produced rubbing marks on the scope tube); Scopecoat XP-6, black, scope cover.

Dies:

One set in .338 Allen Xpress (.338 AX), provided by APS - Hornady custom FL sizing die and converted Forster Ultra BR seating die.

One set in .338 Norma Magnum (RCBS full length sizer and micrometer seater).

Brass - Lapua 338 LM (4PH8068), currently 383 pieces (not including the 13 loaded rounds shown in the photo, which will not be included); all fire formed by APS in .338 AX; each was subsequently fire formed one more time (by me); at least 200 were only fire formed; of the balance, the most any case has been fired is three (3) times.

Misc – Possum Hollow bore guide with solvent port; Leidich .338 caliber brush guides (2)

Overall length, as shown – 59"

Weight, as shown – 27.5# (bathroom scale)

Performance data: Runs 300 gr Berger OTMs at 3244 fps (standard load for at least the last 200-250 firing, somewhat flattened primers, 8 ES); used to shoot 5 hits in 10 consecutive shoots at 2080 yards (URSA SoCal Stats spreadsheet); JBM shows the noted load is supersonic to 2500 yard (at 1750' altitude) and, with 150 MOA up (between the rail, ERA-TAC and ½ the scope), this combo will still be in-scope (all up) out to roughly 3250 yards.

Why I'm selling – moving on.

Only sold as a "set" - $7700 plus actual cost to ship (USPS ground, fully insured); check or MO. Before you gripe about the price, please take the time to price all this gear and top-drawer gunsmithing - and find out the associated lead times. My cost for the above was north of $15K.

Transfer must be conducted through your FFL and at least the action shipped to the FFL – everything else can ship direct to the buyer. That noted, I suggest shipping as is, fully assembled, ready to shoot. The FFL needs to e-mail me a copy of his license. After I confirm the FFL is current and that the FFL's shipping address matches the ATFOnline database, and your check or MO clears my bank, I will promptly ship.

Please address detail questions to webmaster at elr-resources.com. Some sites have limited photo-posting. Serious buyers, please e-mail for more pics - please be specific as to what you are looking for. Thanks for considering purchase of this excellent gear.

Attachments

• IMG_1743 cropped.jpg
    IMG_1743 cropped.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1755 bottom.jpg
    IMG_1755 bottom.jpg
    447.9 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_1767 cased.jpg
    IMG_1767 cased.jpg
    585.7 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_1786 other 1.jpg
    IMG_1786 other 1.jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1788 other 2.jpg
    IMG_1788 other 2.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
So is this the same gun that was for sale a little while ago?

Thanks
Bpell

No. First time I have offered it. That noted, I now have three (3) "rifles" listed, this the only .338.

No. First time I have offered it. That noted, I now have three (3) "rifles" listed, this the only .338.
Oh great! I've been looking for a .338 with a BAT action shooting a 300 gr. The Kirby Allen I'm most impressed with. How happy have you been with this? Do you have any proof

See "Performance data" in the ad. If you are considering possibly purchasing and you have other questions, please e-mail me at webmaster at elr-resources.com . Thanks