Custom brass

will the new cartridge be based off an existing case? or is it new all together? RCC used to make just about anything but I think they closed. You could have a local machine shop turn some from bar stock.

Problem with ordering custom is the quantity you have to buy. Hard to swing even for people that sell their custom cartridges full time. Shawn Carlock doesn't get it for the Terminators, and I'm pretty sure Sherman brass is all run as the parent case dimension. ADG must only change out the head stamp, which is why he says you have to neck up/down for certain calibers in each line.

A multi-step sizing process from an oversized parent case is most likely cheaper in the long run, even if you have to get multiple sizing dies to do it. There's not a lot out there you can't get large enough cases for in a given boltface and work downwards. Lapua = 416 Rigby or 338 LM, Magnum = 404 Jeffrey or 300 RUM, Standard = 280AI, 223 = Starline 223 Basic Brass.

Qual Cart makes some pretty obscure cases if you need an unusual parent.

Problem with ordering custom is the quantity you have to buy. Hard to swing even for people that sell their custom cartridges full time. Shawn Carlock doesn't get it for the Terminators, and I'm pretty sure Sherman brass is all run as the parent case dimension. ADG must only change out the head stamp, which is why he says you have to neck up/down for certain calibers in each line.

A multi-step sizing process from an oversized parent case is most likely cheaper in the long run, even if you have to get multiple sizing dies to do it. There's not a lot out there you can't get large enough cases for in a given boltface and work downwards. Lapua = 416 Rigby or 338 LM, Magnum = 404 Jeffrey or 300 RUM, Standard = 280AI, 223 = Starline 223 Basic Brass.

Qual Cart makes some pretty obscure cases if you need an unusual parent.
Sherman brass comes formed to their reamers with the exception of necks.
Even though the SS amd SST lines are based off SAUM cases, there are quite a bit of differences. Shortened, 30° (SST) or 40° (SS) shoulders, less body taper, longer necks. You couldn't cram a SAUM case in a Sherman Short chamber without a mallet.

The Max cases basically "improve 40°" the SAUM case. You can shoot SAUM brass in it to fire form to Max dimensions. Or get the headstamped ADG brass that is already 98% formed.

The Mega line is supposedly not based off an existing case, but it is very similar to the WSM case.

Sherman brass comes formed to their reamers with the exception of necks.
I didn't know he had his own dies cut for them, makes sense in the SS/SST lines. Sounds like all the cases are still able to be run through the draw press without changes other than the headstamp, and all the headstamps for each line are run through one set of die tooling after that?

RMC brass (not to be confused with the bankrupt RCC brass) will do it, but you'll pay for it. They have reasonably low MOQs.