Custom action options

Ya it's definitely not about doing it at a match you're right there. I would never do that physically at a match unless it's absolutely necessary.
I have 3 Zeus actions and they're all for different things but all are technically QC. The QC is repeatable but if you're serious about competing just screw it on ahead of time and check zero( which you should do anyway).
I use the QC mostly to save space and money. I personally do not love having a bunch of rifles I have no time to use. That being said I have 6 different cartridges/ barrels I can choose from.
If you want 3 lug that's the way to go. 🤘🏼
AMU Pro Shooter Kahl Harmon won the 2023 PRS Pro Series running a Terminus Zeus QC.
😎

I have built 2 rifles on pure precision actions with proof barrels and both have been excellent

I bet if you asked this question on a PRS forum you'd get slightly different answers versus a hunting forum.

Impact or the TL3 would be my choice. The TL3 was designed and touted to have no issues running the little br cases and they can be finicky. It also provides more flexibility being able to change bolt faces. It also has a mechanical ejector versus the plunger.

Speaking of ejectors, the Aero they put dual plunger ejectors in…immediately tells me they need to fire whom ever thought that was a good idea. My experience with dual ejectors are they pressure up faster. Worthless and unnecessary design in my opinion.

If you are going with the 6mm Dasher, feeding in all conditions should be a concern in PRS as stated earlier. My Origin action feeds my 6 Dasher if I run the bolt fast or slow. I'm guessing the TL3 would do the same.

My CDG action seems to feed my 6 Dasher without a problem but have not fully tested it, just spun my Origin barrel into the CDG and see how it would feed without the coned barrel they say it needs. Note the Origin barrel does not head space properly on the CDG but you can use Savage small shank barrels on the CDG. Using the barrel nut is pretty easy and if you switch the barrel often, then use red loctite to lock the nut in place. I will say the CDG runs much faster and smoother then my Origin, but I'm guessing if you ran the Origin all the time you would learn to run it just as fast.

Another thing to mention on the Savage small shank. If you are buying Proof pre-fits, the competition contour with TL3 shoulders weigh 7+lbs while the Savage small shank competition contour is only 5lbs. I don't see a Dasher pre-fit on their list though. If weight is an issue it might be a factor in your decision.

I get my Solus action from my FFL today to see how it compares. You can get these under $600 if you look in the right place, so hard to pass up.

Only other issue I've heard on the Origin/CDG and other actions with mechanical ejectors is that they eject forward of the action which ejects in front of the firing line when ran fast. This seems to be an issue with collecting brass during a match for some.

Thanks for all of that that was a good break down.
I don't see a Dasher pre-fit on their list though. If weight is an issue it might be a factor in your decision.
Proof makes 6 Dasher and GT pre-fits in the SS barrels for the custom actions. They don't make them in the Savage pre-fits though. I think every action in my list that says Yes to pre-fits has a 6 Dasher barrel available from Proof. There are obviously others like Preferred Barrel Blanks, but for the price I can get the Proof for, that's who I think I'll try to go with. They've also treated me very well in the past.

We shoot BAT for ELR & "F" Class
Have Defiance several models for comp and hunting.
Impact 737r for comp - PRS
ARC CDG??? another for PRS and Hunting
I myself have a few BAT actions and I think they rate at the top of quality, they feel sturdy and don't have the tinny feel that others have but be forewarned they have a very tight tolerance and to make them butter smooth be prepared to get out the jewelers rouge and cycle 2 thousand times. I did this on every one before I ever cut a barrel. You will be very satisfied. Happy shooting.

I know this has been discussed before but I'm not seeing anything very recent. I've compiled a list of possibilities that I like.

A couple of things that I want it to have are an integral recoil lug and rail. I really like the idea of the shorter bolt throw of the 3-locking lug designs but I'm not set on that as a requirement. like I am the other features. One thing that I really want to make sure that I can do is get pre-fits, some of the companies like Proof offer a military discount and it makes it reasonably priced.

My goal for this rifle is a PRS style competition rifle. It will probably be chambered in a 6mm of some sort, I'm looking at getting a 6 Dasher barrel primarily. Weight is not too much of a concern but, I would like to possibly be able to either build another identical rifle or swap barrels for a NRL Hunter rifle as well. Top of my list at the moment are the TL3 and 737R, with the Zeus and Valor coming in a close second.

I was also wondering if anyone has any experience with the Aero action as that does seem like a decent action at a good price. I haven't heard anything bad about it but I really haven't heard anything great about it either. This does tick all of the boxes for me. Here's the list. If there's anything else that I should consider I'm all ears.

View attachment 545815
If I could start over I'd start with a tl3 and not change a thing. I ran an Apollo for a while and 3 lug actions, although smooth, take a little more force to open and often kicks you off the target especially running positional. For pushfeeds 737 is Good but lone peak was a hair smoother and better timed for Triggertech. Dasher is king, don't get caught up in the 25 fad, there is just as much recoil as a 6.5 creed and a little more finicky. Dasher is picky for feeding but even if you have a mag that's not perfectly tuned, the controlled round feed takes care of that. 6gt is also very good. Tl3 prefits are easy to get. If you want a quick change barrel have your smith drill and tap the action for a set screw and dimple the barrel shank at hand tight. Done