Custom action help. Which one is best?

Depends on how much your willing to spend. Do your research and check out everything that the fellas suggested so far. I have a personal preference for the Templar action by G.A. Prediction. It's pretty smooth and won't break the bank. I think it goes for around $500. Enjoy the process and have fun with it.

Depends on how much your willing to spend. Do your research and check out everything that the fellas suggested so far. I have a personal preference for the Templar action by G.A. Prediction. It's pretty smooth and won't break the bank. I think it goes for around $500. Enjoy the process and have fun with it.

If you can find a Templar for $500 let me know about it and I'll buy a dozen of them... :)

My Surgeon has a 700 style extractor,M16 style is an option ?
In the past years the magnum bolts have had an M16 style and the 308 bolts have had a Remington style. Early this year they started offering a choice of an M16 or a Remington style on the 308 bolts. I would call it a choice instead of an option, there isn't a price difference.

I recently bought a new 591 action and I got a Remington style on it. I prefer them over an M16 style.

Dont overlook Kelbley , they're amazing. If you need to pinch a few pennies, a Stiller is a great option.

i have one coming from kelbleys, should be here in december hopefully. i like the way there bolts are setup with the ejector. also like that when it time to change barrels i can just call them up and they will send one to me. you don't have to send the gun in to get the barrel fit. the action on the gun i have coming is similer to the panda but in steel vs aluminum and its black nitride.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and mrmax brings up some interesting points. But I don't personally believe mrmax's comment necessarily pertains to Ted's modernized creation nor captures the whole truth.

I'll just come back to this point: look at what the guys actually running Mausingfields are saying (not Springfields, not Mausers), most notably Chadd Dixon of LRI. Then keep in mind most of of have run Rem 700's and other customs.

In the end, just make sure you prioritize what you value most in the action and proceed from there.

That's a great comment. Everyone has their own experience, and I am sure mausingfield used the latest materials, technology, and engineering expertise to create their action. Thanks for sharing!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.