Coyote Pup

kimberyote

At 3 pm My neighbor texted and said he had a coyote pup sleeping under his bush in his front yard Saturday afternoon. I rushed over with my 1911 w/compensator to see, and sure enough, he was taking a snooze. There were other neighbors sitting in their yards, I wanted to keep the noise down, so I went back and got my 10/22 that I had zeroed in at 50 yards Eley Tenex. Groups great for a factory ruger with just a minor trigger job.
Anyway, I walked up to him with tree blocking my approach w/o him noticing. He was about 10 yards away. I then leaned around the side of the tree to put the leupy 2-7 scope on him, only to have him get up and circle around looking for a cooler spot. (Low 90's temp.) I waited for him to turn away from me, and that's when i let him have it with one in the back of the head. I live in a town of about 700, and my neighbor's house sites next to a bean field that goes back about 450 yards to a creek. There are a lot of coyotes back there that are in impenetrable brush.
Having had a birthday earlier in the week that I could not celebrate because of work, I celebrated my Big Game trophy with my brother and another neighbor in his garage/man-cave where he has a flatscreen and table & chairs for consumption of adult beverages. Good Times keeping the neighborhood's children safe from what might of been a sick coyote pup. Walking across the street Beats driving a long ways for coyote hunting, that's for sure!

Good job. Little ones grow up to be big ones, and the best one is a dead one. I shot one a few years back I found sitting on top of a dead cow carcas. My wife called me a baby killer, so I turned the table and reminder her that she didn't have a problem eating the back straps out of a yearling whitetail fawn. Believe it or not, the logic made since to her.

Good job. Little ones grow up to be big ones, and the best one is a dead one. I shot one a few years back I found sitting on top of a dead cow carcas. My wife called me a baby killer, so I turned the table and reminder her that she didn't have a problem eating the back straps out of a yearling whitetail fawn. Believe it or not, the logic made since to her.

+1 Each hunter has to decide what makes sense to them... and no one way is right or better than they other ... as long as you're safe and safe for those around you.

I personally won't shoot pups... been there.... done that.... not my thing. My nephew will without hesitation. I don't mind... it's his choice... just as it's yours.

If I owned a ranch... I'd probably kill every pup that crossed my sights. It's all a matter of perspective!

Good Shooting.
We have no problem taking Yotes and cottontails of any age.
Because they have no problem eating us out of house and home.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.