Coyote calling surprise!!!!!

Sounds like chinese food to me. I can tear up some sweet and sour chicken. I draw the line at sweet and sour tabby.

I was on one hunt years ago with dogs and it was easy, dog ran it up a tree and shot it out with a 223 contender. Great tasting meat, but I'm in Washington, the liberal bastion state. No hound hunting allowed, and the cats are now in our yards.
https://wdfw.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=cef2c2d13a104439b3322feb2c83e377
This is an incident map of Cougar sightings and livestock kills. I'm in the woods and walk/ hunt my acres every day looking for cats as they had one follow two people walking in the woods and they shot it in the face just north from me.. Where the wife and I walk in a wooded walking area...cougar sightings. I'm out of town but one killed a goat in city limits...I walk, carefully, looking, carrying my colt 45, hoping

Be careful as often with these and any predator, the hunted can soon become the hunted!

I'm not scared of Black Bears. I've baited them , generally just messed with them and bowhunted them. Cats on the other hand scare the .... out of me. Only time I carry a pistol while hunting is when I'm in cat country
Ya, here we have cats, black bears and grizzlies! They are a bit of a worry but I don't let them keep me out of the mountains.

Have to agree with the guys willing to eat the EDIBLE parts of the cat...unlike deer and elk...cats have a few chunks of meat that are white meat after cooked...and those pieces are probably better than any deer or elk you can ever ingest..........
Never knew these two to crossbreed.... 23052.jpeg

I wish I was old enough to tag along with my grandfather and his brothers when they hunted cats in Oregon with dogs. I now have the colt woodsman 22 pistol my grandpa used to shoot them .

I wish I was old enough to tag along with my grandfather and his brothers when they hunted cats in Oregon with dogs. I now have the colt woodsman 22 pistol my grandpa used to shoot them .
Do you remember where? I lived in Mitchell in the 80's

My gramps was from brookings, his brothers myrtle creek. Our cabin is at diamond lake! Pretty much everywhere around there and eastern Oregon , steens area. Back when big mulies where everywhere. I remember chucker hunting an area around steens and I found the biggest Mulie I've ever seen laying dead in a creek. Most likely a lion kill. Buck was at least 36" wide and perfect 4x4. I begged my grandpa to let me take the rack. He said no, didn't want to have it without a tag . He was funny about stuff like that. Break no game laws! Be honest and mindful of the land! Miss that man!

My gramps was from brookings, his brothers myrtle creek. Our cabin is at diamond lake! Pretty much everywhere around there and eastern Oregon , steens area. Back when big mulies where everywhere. I remember chucker hunting an area around steens and I found the biggest Mulie I've ever seen laying dead in a creek. Most likely a lion kill. Buck was at least 36" wide and perfect 4x4. I begged my grandpa to let me take the rack. He said no, didn't want to have it without a tag . He was funny about stuff like that. Break no game laws! Be honest and mindful of the land! Miss that man!
We gathered cows worked them then turn them out in the French Glenn area. Big time cat country and mesquites from the Malheur Refuse. The horses run all night from being bit.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.