Coyote Caliber Dialing Long Distance

did you ever get this rifle built? Got any pictures of rifle, targets?
I have not yet got into this build. The receiver I thought I found wasn't right. Now I'm getting close on my .264 to be completed. But this .22 Creedmor is still one I want to build.

I've been running a 22 creedmoor for a few years now and have tried a plethora of bullets. My furthest kill is 750 yards and it was with a 90 grain open tip match king. There was zero fur damage but had I not hit it perfectly it would still be alive. So far I have had the best luck with the 60 tmk on furs aiming for shoulders. But, that's not a 1000 yard consistently kind of bullet. I think like some of the people before me that a 6mm cartridge of some kind would probably be the best route to go. That's a long ways to shoot effectively but with the technology out there it is very doable. Good luck!!

Bison Barrels was north of Gillete on US highway 14-16 . Spotted horse only has 2 residents now and is unincorporated Bison Barrels is closed now I think . Hazer's father-in-law owned it he was a retired airline pilot and once told me that Hazer needed to learn how to tell people no sometimes .
Dave,
I lived in Gillette 1999-2000.

Their mail was actually out of Recluse, WY.

I hung out at Bison Barrel Works with Gene and Hazer.
They were building lots of fast-twist .22-243s.

Spotted Horse cracked me up. Little store there had a sign in the window that read " Coldest Beer in Town"
If you stopped in the middle of the highway and did a 360 degree turn, it was the ONLY BEER in "TOWN".

Peter Fonda used to stop there on his way to the Sturgis rally.

Man, time flies by…

Dave,
I lived in Gillette 1999-2000.

Their mail was actually out of Recluse, WY.

I hung out at Bison Barrel Works with Gene and Hazer.
They were building lots of fast-twist .22-243s.

Spotted Horse cracked me up. Little store there had a sign in the window that read " Coldest Beer in Town"
If you stopped in the middle of the highway and did a 360 degree turn, it was the ONLY BEER in "TOWN".

Peter Fonda used to stop there on his way to the Sturgis rally.

Man, time flies by…

I still live in Gillette lol Been here since 1989. I also lived in Recluse when I was a young lad; my family had a small ranch in the area.

Jerome (former owner of Spotted Horse) passed away a couple years ago. His daughter & her husband run the place now.

There are still a LOT of folks running 22-243 in the area, there just isn't as much hype as there used to be .

t

Hazer built me 3 rifles and set one barrel back a full turn for me, a 7mm Dakota, a 30-06 and a 6.5x284 he set the barrel back on a remington 700 in 22-250 and got me a few hundred more rounds out of it.

I'm just about ready to send in my Left Hand 700 Remington in to have the barrel chambered and set in a .264 Win Mag.
The in to building a .22 Creedmoor