Copper Bullets

Should have added the Barnes LRX as well. Just started working up a load for them in 6.5 Creedmoor, 127gr.
Agreed. I have used Barnes TTSX and LRX in 25-06 with great success. They have had proven expansion and performed flawlessly. I always weigh the ones I recover and I've never had one less than 98% weight retention.

So sorry, No experience with copper bullets just yet!!! This list was very helpful to me, too!!

I did a stability check using Berger's barrel twist calculator and the 129 gr Cayugas were stable at 3500 ft elevation at 40 degrees. I set the velocity at 3100 fps and barrel twist at 1-8". Even at 800 yards under those conditions velocity would be above 1900 fps and energy almost 1100 ft/ lbs. Looks promising.

Here is a new one for you all, well maybe. McGuires Ballistic. They are made in southern CA and he has a lot of "data" (dead hogs) to provide proof that his bullets are very effective. I just finished working up a load for my son's Ridgeline 6.5CM. Very easy to load for, and they are not jump sensitive. I did get a little better accuracy when I went from .02 to .08. I mainly did a COAL test because I needed the rounds to fit inside my son's internal box mag. My son has his hog hunt this weekend, so I was in a bit of a rush to get the load work up done.

I measure my group size edge to edge, I know I am backwards, so keep that in mind.

Attachments

• 71322417488__58C5E1F7-4B46-4341-A18A-FDFF182C7709.jpeg
    71322417488__58C5E1F7-4B46-4341-A18A-FDFF182C7709.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 58
I am one of the "can't leave well enough alone" types. Before I got bit by the reloading bug everything was so simple. Now I just keep trying different combinations of components to satisfy my curiosity. So basically if I wanted to use the easy button, I would buy several boxes of Hammer Hunters and 8 pound jugs of H4350 and H4831SC. That would take a lot of fun out of my life, but would probably help my bank account.

I've resisted copper bullets and health food with equal vigor. That was until now! Just got done with a hunt in cali we're they required lead free. I , my dad and brother all shot our pigs with 80gr Barnes Vortex TTSX in .243. I could not believe the damage on a 250 lbs pig at 270 yards. Now I'm a believer in copper but still questioning the health food. I'll get back to y'all when I try some of that rabbit food.

I've resisted copper bullets and health food with equal vigor. That was until now! Just got done with a hunt in cali we're they required lead free. I , my dad and brother all shot our pigs with 80gr Barnes Vortex TTSX in .243. I could not believe the damage on a 250 lbs pig at 270 yards. Now I'm a believer in copper but still questioning the health food. I'll get back to y'all when I try some of that rabbit food.
If you're from the right side of Oregon chicken fried steak is the only health food you'll ever need ;)

Brings on a whole new look to cup and core lol. https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/223-for-bear-deer-elk-and-moose.130488/