Cold feet??

Taping disposable hand warmers just below the knee cap helps. It warms up the blood on it's way down to the feet.

I was searching for the same thing a year ago and happened to read a post from a guy that was, I believe, similar to a Canadian search and rescue team. He said he used the thin diving booties. I think he said put liners first then the diving booties and maybe something over them. Claimed in sub zero his feet stayed warm. I bought some but have yet to be out in cold enough to test them.

The very b
So can you tell me how to keep my feet warm while on stand? Tried the heated insoles and they were a waste of money..No idea how much I have spend on different socks and boots..Even those mickey mouse don't seem to help much.But then again being a diabetic makes a difference..Thanks for any advice..
The best luck I have had with keeping my feet warm is with loose fitting wick socks under a pair of long wool socks when wearing a calf length rubber insulated boot. I keep the top boot gaiter loose too.

Loosen your boot laces when you are in the stand. Warm air near the surface of your foot is the best insulator. If you boots are snug to your foot...you lose that advantage.as well...and this is very helpful as well....use a good foot powder or baby powder...generously....on your feet prior to putting your socks on. Dry feet will be much warmer. If you perspire ANY....that will make your feet feel colder. The powder helps keep feet dry.

I like muck boots they have different ratings for temperatures and are pull on as well as water proof . ALso as your circulation is already compromised try not to set or stand where you will bind your blood vessels even more .

So can you tell me how to keep my feet warm while on stand? Tried the heated insoles and they were a waste of money..No idea how much I have spend on different socks and boots..Even those mickey mouse don't seem to help much.But then again being a diabetic makes a difference..Thanks for any advice..
Give these a try. I live & hunt in Alaska in the winter sometimes I see -40* and colder. These boots have always keep my feet warm/hot. Some people call them bunny boots & others call them Mickey mouse boots. Here's a link to Wikipedia for a reference. Good luck & I hope this helps you out.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_boots?wprov=sfla1

My wife uses buffalo wool socks and swears by them. Boot blankets always worked for me. Going to try the buffalo socks in my chest waders as I always get cold feet.

Give these a try. I live & hunt in Alaska in the winter sometimes I see -40* and colder. These boots have always keep my feet warm/hot. Some people call them bunny boots & others call them Mickey mouse boots. Here's a link to Wikipedia for a reference. Good luck & I hope this helps you out.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_boots?wprov=sfla1
O.k.here goes I'm letting you in on a secret. Use a "thermocell" without the blue repellent pad. It was a jonnee hand warmer first any way! Better yet use 2 or 3 at a time.

I wear two pairs of socks and combine it with hand-warmers. I wear a thinner athletic sock first to help wick away any sweat or moisture then I put on my thick wool sock over that and a will stick a hand warmer in between the two socks (in the boots they get too hot to be on bare skin and I have the burns to prove it) but I put the hand warm ON TOP of my toes themselves. Putting the hand-warmer under your toes does little to nothing to keep your feet warm so get that warmer on top of your foot. All this combined with an insulated boot and I've kept my feet toast warm in sub-zero temperatures while hunting.

You might also search for Baffin boots on Amazon. They have similar ones that I bought years ago.

While in Alaska, I was a boy scout leader and I was sick of my feet being cold. I bought some Baffin boots rated to -148 degrees F, and my feet were the only part of me that wasn't cold on our overnight, mountain winter camp. In fact, I had to remove a pair of socks because me feet were getting too hot.

By they have ones in all temp ranges.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E5CRX8/?tag=lrhmag19-20

The little heat source (Hot hand toe warmers) are second only to putting your feet up next to a wood fire. :D

J E CUSTOM

As I've gotten older and circulation is poor my feet get cold too. I wear a pair of 800gr thinsulate boots, 1 pair wool wigwam socks, and I stick two HotHands hand warmers in each boot. It always gets me through the morning hunt, daylight to 10 or 11am, then the same set up gets me through evening, 2-3pm to dark. I always carry a dry pair of socks in my back pack. Damp feet are a killer in a stand.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.