Colarado fires

We're good. Busy taking care of a couple grandsons for a few days.

I heard the fires were likely started by a downed power line. We were having very strong winds yesterday which fanned the fire through neighborhoods. Last I heard over 500 homes have been destroyed.
sorry to hear it stay safe

Oddly enough, I happened to be in a "work" car yesterday with my partner, traveling southbound on I-25 (sneaking back from Mile High Shooting - because we actually had to buy some work related items) within a half hour of this whole thing starting up. We drove through the plume of thick orange smoke that could be seen for miles and it already had traffic jammed up and almost caused several accidents on the interstate.

The fire had not started when we drove up to Mile High Shooting Supply, but we were only in the store for a short while. By the time we started south, back down the highway we had no idea what exactly was going on until we got back to our station and found out all hell was breaking loose.

I learned later last night that my car partner's kid was amongst those displaced by the forced evacuations that lasted until late into the evening.

It has been claimed to be the most destructive fire (from a property value standpoint) in Colorado's history.

Wild days ahead.