CM vs PRC

Son of a Motherless Goat.......................... I'm Dead
View attachment 271682
You guys are breaking my heart- no 6.5 STW or 6.5 wby mention?? Especially you mr butterbean king of the 7stws!

My 6.5-284s one a target rig and another a stock Savage LRH are excelllent rifles in accuracy and the savage has seen the demise of 5 elk.

But for sheer obstinance and to abuse cm owners, i built a 6.5stw. Really the most amount of powder you can push a 6.5 with. No, it is not efficient. Yes, it is equal to the 6.5 wby like the 6.5 prc and 284 are sisters.

But when a cm owner sees the chrono tape or the holds required for lr hunting, well they know they have a short action.

Now, i just said that for fun. If your cm shoots miles with 1 mrad, i beleive it. We all have at least 1 magic stick in our safe.

Buy what you want, sort out good advice from baloney and dont take anyone here you dont know too seriously! If you can buy or build both rifles.
THAT IS ALWAYS THE BEST SOLUTION.

If you are loading the 6.5 with a 156 to 3200fps, then you should aply the same pressures and quality butllets to the other cartridge you mentioned.

The 6.5prc is a great round, but a 300 win mag with 190gr-210 gr quality bullets and loaded not to saami specs is a combination that is hard to beat. Ive sbot 2950-3050 fps witb a 24" barrel.
The comparison at 700 yds where the 6.5 156 EOL at 3200 surpasses a 300 WM that is based on a .30 cal 190 MK at 3200. I love my WM. Both rifles are customs with 26" Bartlein barrels. I just quoted the math from the Applied Ballistic program I own. I'm using RL-26 in both rifles to get that velocity and you can't get it in a 6.5 PRC built on a SA unless you are single feeding. I have 2 GAP built 6.5 PRCs, both built on XM actions which give me a max COAL of 3.2. They are also custom throated for the 156. The MK is used in my 300 WM because it is an absolute bughole machine with 190 & 200 MKs.

You guys are breaking my heart- no 6.5 STW or 6.5 wby mention?? Especially you mr butterbean king of the 7stws!

My 6.5-284s one a target rig and another a stock Savage LRH are excelllent rifles in accuracy and the savage has seen the demise of 5 elk.

But for sheer obstinance and to abuse cm owners, i built a 6.5stw. Really the most amount of powder you can push a 6.5 with. No, it is not efficient. Yes, it is equal to the 6.5 wby like the 6.5 prc and 284 are sisters.

But when a cm owner sees the chrono tape or the holds required for lr hunting, well they know they have a short action.

Now, i just said that for fun. If your cm shoots miles with 1 mrad, i beleive it. We all have at least 1 magic stick in our safe.

Buy what you want, sort out good advice from baloney and dont take anyone here you dont know too seriously! If you can buy or build both rifles.
THAT IS ALWAYS THE BEST SOLUTION.
I was being nice and staying on topic ;)

Why does the 6.5 cm get so much hate? Who cares if its the popular caliber or slower than the PRC, I've won more money on that rifle even re barreled to pay for itself plus some! Same as the 308. Ya that's great they came out with a new caliber, they will every year- FOREVER. Just learn that sucker 10 fold in all conditions and the caliber will cease to exist.

Why does the 6.5 cm get so much hate? Who cares if its the popular caliber or slower than the PRC, I've won more money on that rifle even re barreled to pay for itself plus some! Same as the 308. Ya that's great they came out with a new caliber, they will every year- FOREVER. Just learn that sucker 10 fold in all conditions and the caliber will cease to exist.
Loosen up your hair tie a bit, Just Sayin

Why does the 6.5 cm get so much hate?
I have two, doesn't mean I can't make a joke at their expense. Besides, all caliber debates are pointless because the 30-06 is perfection and everything else is uselessly derivative, especially the 270 Win - the original women and children's gun.

Three Amigos GIF

Loosen up your hair tie a bit, Just Sayin
I have two, doesn't mean I can't make a joke at their expense. Besides, all caliber debates are pointless because the 30-06 is perfection and everything else is uselessly derivative, especially the 270 Win - the original women and children's gun.

Three Amigos GIF
You guys behave! Man, I need new memes.

I sure don't want to drag you to my Creedmoor level, you might not be able to compete with your experience.
Huh....... you don't say, You'll be the 8th person on this site that I've made this offer to, Load your Needmoor up and head this way, I have access to 1500 yards at this time, No Range Finders, No Kestrels, No Ballistic Apps of any kind, No Spotters, You call you own wind and range your own targets, I'll be shooting a 5R 308 with a Bushnell Forge ( Made in China ) scope, If it will make you feel better I'll switch to my SWFA 10X and then we will see what level your Needmoore is on and we will post the results here, Indianapolis is the nearest Airport and I can pick you up there

Lee Brockmeier
6780 West Whitesell Ave
West Terre Haute In 47885
812-264-6183

Huh....... you don't say, You'll be the 8th person on this site that I've made this offer to, Load your Needmoor up and head this way, I have access to 1500 yards at this time, No Range Finders, No Kestrels, No Ballistic Apps of any kind, No Spotters, You call you own wind and range your own targets, I'll be shooting a 5R 308 with a Bushnell Forge ( Made in China ) scope, If it will make you feel better I'll switch to my SWFA 10X and then we will see what level your Needmoore is on and we will post the results here, Indianapolis is the nearest Airport and I can pick you up there

Lee Brockmeier
6780 West Whitesell Ave
West Terre Haute In 47885
812-264-6183
Shame on you that would be an unfair advantage using a .308 5R!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.