Christmas Pig

GSRetrievers

The Christmas Eve BBQ has begun. Whole hog cooked on pecan wood (with cherry, apple and peach for a nice fruity smoke), low and slow should take around 14-15 hrs. Turkey will go on at midnight.

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpeg
    IMG_1397.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1398.jpeg
    IMG_1398.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 61
The Christmas Eve BBQ has begun. Whole hog cooked on pecan wood (with cherry, apple and peach for a nice fruity smoke), low and slow should take around 14-15 hrs. Turkey will go on at midnight.
Where do you live in NC!!!!!
May only be a few hours drive for us from GA.
When I lived in HI we would bury the pig over night in hot rocks and coals.
We shot several hundred wild hogs behind our house about 5 years ago. All the small ones would cook up on a Grill or Spit like you.
Pecan, apple, cherry, peach wood!!!!🐖🍑🍎🍒🍻

Where do you live in NC!!!!!
May only be a few hours drive for us from GA.
When I lived in HI we would bury the pig over night in hot rocks and coals.
We shot several hundred wild hogs behind our house about 5 years ago. All the small ones would cook up on a Grill or Spit like you.
Pecan, apple, cherry, peach wood!!!!🐖🍑🍎🍒🍻
I've cooked one in Patterson then up above you near Greenwood, they were hits in both non Eastern NC BBQ locations. I'm in Mount Olive. About 5ish hrs. I go to Ga all the time.

I don't know you but have an idea where the market is….used to log n was all over within 60 miles of beulaville
We used to have the feeder pig sale in Mt Olive and stopped that a few years ago after the hurricanes tore the building up beyond repair. Now we just do slaughter hog and sows out of our Faison barn.

We used to have the feeder pig sale in Mt Olive and stopped that a few years ago after the hurricanes tore the building up beyond repair. Now we just do slaughter hog and sows out of our Faison barn.
Do you do slaughter for other pple ? I have pple asking me where they can get my pasture raised hogs butchered…….

Do you do slaughter for other pple ? I have pple asking me where they can get my pasture raised hogs butchered…….
No, we don't slaughter at all. I'll have to ask one of my buyers where they take a lot. Nahunta won't. Well's in Burgaw used to would but I assure you no hog will go through there now. I know he uses a guy in Benson a lot.

Let's stay in touch n let me know if I can help you with anything……this is my occasional and only social media so I may not see a message right away
I'm easy to find, you're right down the road. I need someone to shoot lr/ELR with, most of my friends got out of it around here years ago

Well I got overridden and had to chop the entire hog. I usually just chop the shoulders and hams leaving the bacon, loins, tenderloins and ribs to pick. Either way 14 hrs of smoke at 200-210 degrees makes 'em good.

Attachments

• IMG_1408.jpeg
    IMG_1408.jpeg
    567.3 KB · Views: 47