Chicharrones en Salsa Verde (pork rinds in green salsa)

LVJ76

Made some last night for dinner, paired with an Estrella de Jalisco beer. Forgot to take pictures of the tacos though.

Salud!

20240505_183544.jpg

20240505_193656.jpg

20240505_193741.jpg

20240505_193828.jpg

Love chicharones in salsa. I use a red salsa instead of green. I smear some refried beans on a fresh homemade flour tortilla, put some chicharones en salsa and sprinkle queso fresco on top. I might just make some tonight.

Love chicharones in salsa. I use a red salsa instead of green. I smear some refried beans on a fresh homemade flour tortilla, put some chicharones en salsa and sprinkle queso fresco on top. I might just make some tonight.

I make both green and red. In addition to the queso fresco, add fresh green onions and cilantro, along with some cream, see the attached image.

We don't use sour cream, we use table cream, has a different flavor that just kicks it up a notch. We can use it in many mexican dishes, tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, chimichangas, etc, etc.

Screenshot_20240506_151748_Walmart.jpg

whats your salsa verde recipe?

For the salsa:

Boil the Green tomatillos, white onion and
Jalapeños, careful to Not over boil the tomatillos, because they'll liquefy in the water, don't ask me how I know LOL.

Throw all in a blender, add fresh cilantro and minced garlic. Pour salsa back into a pot and bring to a boil, add a bit of chicken or beef bouillon and done.

Serve with totopos or in tacos. Totopos are corn tortillas cut in 4 pieces and deep fried, a real tortilla chip, not the tostitos or mission chips, if you can't find the real stuff, then the these will do.

The tacos as mentioned above on post #3. You can do refried or whole beans on the side, pinto or black, some avocado and a beer of course.

For the salsa:

Boil the Green tomatillos, white onion and
Jalapeños, careful to Not over boil the tomatillos, because they'll liquefy in the water, don't ask me how I know LOL.

Throw all in a blender, add fresh cilantro and minced garlic. Pour salsa back into a pot and bring to a boil, add a bit of chicken or beef bouillon and done.

Serve with totopos or in tacos. Totopos are corn tortillas cut in 4 pieces and deep fried, a real tortilla chip, not the tostitos or mission chips, if you can't find the real stuff, then the these will do.

The tacos as mentioned above on post #3. You can do refried or whole beans on the side, pinto or black, some avocado and a beer of course.
Thanks. It looks like a lot of tomatillos with just two jalapeños and one onion.

Recent Posts