Can You Still Find the Sinclair Wooden Loading Blocks...

I use oak 2x4, 4 rows of 5 on each block, used Forstner bit to leave clean flat bottom to hole. Made template out of piece plastic, put on block, draw out holes, drill press with stop good to go.

I also have some scrap hickory flooring. Made block, but DANG that stuff is tough to work with!

So here is the easy button to make really nice loading blocks out of whatever you want. Lapua provides a cartridge holder in their brass boxes which is PERFECT pattern to use for drilling out your loading block material. I use 20 round blocks but this pattern lets you make up to 50. I use a Forstner drill bit that drills flat bottom to the hole. Easy peasy!
IMG_4150.jpeg

So here is the easy button to make really nice loading blocks out of whatever you want. Lapua provides a cartridge holder in their brass boxes which is PERFECT pattern to use for drilling out your loading block material. I use 20 round blocks but this pattern lets you make up to 50. I use a Forstner drill bit that drills flat bottom to the hole. Easy peasy!
View attachment 564120
Like they say across the pond "smashing idea"