calling dogs----

Stang----
I have heard they are THICK in eastern and northern tX.
I believe it is in the "big thicket" area. Supposed to be relatively hostile and aggressive there too. Reports indicate that their "attitude" towards humans Varys with location. Maybe depending on their history of being shot at--- or not--- some places they tolerate us to an amazing degree.
other places you are lucky to get out alive. There is a an abandoned town on the south coast of AK that is abandoned because of them. Everybody just fled. I think there was a fish canning plant there. Now- the natives who control the land there don't allow anyone to go in there.
I think there is no road access. only by boat .

Anyway---- if there are hog where you are--- you have them-- even if you have never seen them. They have seen you. :)

PS--- no one should shoot one either. There was another report of AK of 5 or 6 hinters being dropped off via airplane at a remote hunting camp. The pilot observed something huge and furry on 2 legs on the way in. He was scheduled to pick them up in a week. When he returned he found 4
of them dead around the camp. All their brass was fired and empty on the ground. Found their rifles with the barrels bent backwards. The 4 bodies had the arms , legs and heads pulled off. 1 or 2 of the men were never found.

Reports of Fish and Game officers shooting one in the center of the chest with 30-06. Its reaction was to throw its deer over its shoulder and walk away. He said he saw the impact
right where he was aiming. it is said they have a sternum that is 5 or 6 inches thick. So if you shoot one- it only ****es them off worse.

@Catbrain I'm personally not a believer in bigfoot, but that being said there's a super interesting thread on here called "It's Time" or something along those lines all about bigfoot encounters. Truly fascinating. I am a "seeing is believing" type, so that being said I could see something some day that might change my stance 😃

Even not being a "believer" I just can't look away any time I see something about bigfoot, I'm always super intrigued. And always keep my eyes peeled in the woods 😃

PS did you actually see anything that time you were calling, or just hear it in the woods?

Sasquatch is no joke.

Sure is a lot of ignorance here though...

I don't care to convince anyone of anything, but suffice to say, those who know, KNOW.

Here is a link to the thread @FrogFire7 mentioned

On three or four occasions when I was calling coyotes in souther CA some 50 years ago, I had a hummingbird come in to the call. I have no idea what they were thinking -- that my Weems All-Call was a pretty flower? I just don't know. I would have thought it was a fluke if it had happened only once or twice. But this wa just too many times to be a coincidence. Anyone else ever called in a hummingbird? No joke.

On three or four occasions when I was calling coyotes in souther CA some 50 years ago, I had a hummingbird come in to the call. I have no idea what they were thinking -- that my Weems All-Call was a pretty flower? I just don't know. I would have thought it was a fluke if it had happened only once or twice. But this wa just too many times to be a coincidence. Anyone else ever called in a hummingbird? No joke.
More believable than aliens and squatch……

Doesn't really matter what you 'believe', Brent.

You may not realize it, but you are coming off just like someone who says 'there are no wolves in Idaho' 🤣
If it doesn't matter then why bother? I find it interesting subject but that's all it is. There is literally no credible evidence whatsoever of the existence, unlike wolves. Everyone should be skeptical of the outlandish and bizarre claims but here we are. 5-6" thick sternums impervious to bullets……. Geesus. It would be neat if something actually proved the existence but it will never happen. I have a nutty coworker who is a believer and we've debated the subject for years. It's fun but nothing worth getting panties in a wad over

I was calling at about 10 pm. I had a fence between me and the open lot next door. I had called about 5 nights in a row --- got nothing. I knew there was a whole pack in the woods beside me. Only ever saw one of them once--- it was 36 inches at the shoulder. most seen on game camera were about 15 inches. scrawny little things.
5-th night of calling - i called a few time and then heard something hit the fence. When I heard that--- it didnt sound to me like a coyote- too noisy. I was at the back 8
foot gate rested on the fencepost. i had all ready interacted with them--- and was afraid I was ****ing one off for it to come running like that. I bailed out and made my way up the fence line about 50 years. I heard him clear his throat - sounded like someone with pneumonia--- he cleared his throat and gave the classic 10 sec. long roar.
about that time ( as snoopy said) I heard a chocolate chip cookie calling me in the house.

I had several more interactions both before and after that.
I believe they had been there all my life and were used to me and didnt see me as a threat. But it was only 10 years ago that i discovered they were around. The woods there were shrinking every year from development. My house sitter saw one in the yard about 40 yards away illuminated with his LED light. about 8.5 feet tall. They just locked eyes for about 10 sec. Then he just strolled away. They had a child just before i moved away. They would get into the trash in the trailer park up the street. Cops called.
cops all over- shining their spotlights up 40 feet into the tops of pine trees :) I guess they figured no one would
figure that out. You dont look for burglars up in 40 foot pine trees. :) I grew up there and crawled through those bushes all through grade school -- never knowing.
so they knew me but I never knew them till late in the game. After that I learned to see the signs in the woods that they leave. Not that hard once you know what to look for. and -- after you -- know---- you become open to other creatures that might be "around" that are not supposed to exist. I see signs in the woods here that they have been here in the past and may be here intermittently. I will be nice to them - if they allow me to be.

If it doesn't matter then why bother?

What bothers me is the ridicule. Not many people want to be laughed at and mocked for sharing an experience they had.

I find it interesting subject but that's all it is. There is literally no credible evidence whatsoever of the existence, unlike wolves. Everyone should be skeptical of the outlandish and bizarre claims but here we are.

Been proven many times over, just not part of the white man's official narrative for some reason 🤷‍♂️

Just about every indigenous culture on every known continent has a different name for this being.

Could all these people, all over the world, who don't know eachother be sharing some collective hallucination? If so, is that not worthy of examination in itself?

5-6" thick sternums impervious to bullets……. Geesus. It would be neat if something actually proved the existence but it will never happen. I have a nutty coworker who is a believer and we've debated the subject for years.

Debate and skepticism is cool,

Challenging someone's integrity on a subject you have no experience with is not.

There is a line there.

Maybe I'm just reading you wrong, and if that's the case I apologize. Sometimes tone is hard to interpret through text.

It's fun but nothing worth getting panties in a wad over

Fun? Now if someone said they high fived a Sasquatch I'd be skeptical...