Burris Veracity PH

Yea sir I got the 3-15x44 Veracity PH and it's bad to the bone. I use it both as a regular scope powered off dialing and using my ballistic app. Once I got a load really dialed in, I download all data into Burris app and upload. It's amazing and allows one to not have to try to read a turret in low light. Just range and go to scope and dial.

The FFP reticle is also useable at low power because they have the thick cross hairs right up to the center.

View attachment 559086

View attachment 559087

View attachment 559088

View attachment 559091

View attachment 559090
How's the glass quality? Can you compare it to any higher quality scope you have, or have looked through?

3 friends in my circle bought them and from what I have seen they work perfectly and easily functional. Compared to my zeiss v4 it is equal in clarity. Going to buy one for my son. I believe they have discontinued the existing model. 3 new models are coming out all with illuminated recticle , of course price is going to reflected.

General RE Lee, in your 3-15 PH, is the HUD display always on and in view at the top of the scope?

Or is the top portion of the scope normally "open" with a clear field of view, and you have to turn the HUD on, for it to be used?

Thanks

General RE Lee, in your 3-15 PH, is the HUD display always on and in view at the top of the scope?

Or is the top portion of the scope normally "open" with a clear field of view, and you have to turn the HUD on, for it to be used?

Thanks

It's a physical tab/screen that is always there but I will say I run the scope at range with it off most of the time and just dial off DOPE chart. HUD will be invaluable in the field hunting.

It's not to obtrusive.

3 friends in my circle bought them and from what I have seen they work perfectly and easily functional. Compared to my zeiss v4 it is equal in clarity. Going to buy one for my son. I believe they have discontinued the existing model. 3 new models are coming out all with illuminated recticle , of course price is going to reflected.

The new illuminated reticle version is out. That is what I own. It also has improved ED glass.

IMG_9855.png

Yea sir I got the 3-15x44 Veracity PH and it's bad to the bone. I use it both as a regular scope powered off dialing and using my ballistic app. Once I got a load really dialed in, I download all data into Burris app and upload. It's amazing and allows one to not have to try to read a turret in low light. Just range and go to scope and dial.

The FFP reticle is also useable at low power because they have the thick cross hairs right up to the center.

View attachment 559086

View attachment 559087

View attachment 559088

View attachment 559091

View attachment 559090
Good pics, one comment though, i have never in my life not been able to easily read the turrets well before and well after legal shooting light so that kind if seems like a moot point. I guess said another way, the scope will loose image quality because of light conditions long before we loose the ability to read the turrets……. Not trying to flame, just never have experienced that problem in my entire hunting career and 90% of my hunting is at first or last legal shooting time. I guess if your hunting in areas that allow night hunting, this could be a consideration but even then, most night hunting is not at distances where you would need to run the turrets in my opinion. Great pics of the scope!!

Good pics, one comment though, i have never in my life not been able to easily read the turrets well before and well after legal shooting light so that kind if seems like a moot point. I guess said another way, the scope will loose image quality because of light conditions long before we loose the ability to read the turrets……. Not trying to flame, just never have experienced that problem in my entire hunting career and 90% of my hunting is at first or last legal shooting time. I guess if your hunting in areas that allow night hunting, this could be a consideration but even then, most night hunting is not at distances where you would need to run the turrets in my opinion. Great pics of the scope!!

I hunt out of box blinds and under 5 minutes of legal shooting light you can't read chit on the turret that's even if you have the fore end and barrel out the window. Add on top of that I'm starting to have issues reading things up close so pulling the gun back in and shining a phone light on the turret to dial is a cluster. Might as well just pack up and go home. It's a thing.

I don't know about the Veracity, but i have 4 Fullfield IIs that I'm sending back in for warranty.
At least one adjustment on each is extremely stiff!!!
Twist the scope in the rings stiff!

And the other week one guy at the range had a Burris with the range finder in it that he couldn't get to zero.

I like the glass. And if Burris fixes my scopes I'll gladly keep them on my rifles.

But i shouldn't have to send them in to begin with.
Sounds like the rings might be over torqued....that can cause exactly what you're describing...

Reading a turret inside a blind looking out into a lighted area is tricky. Just snapped this pic from my garage. Having a turret inside in a low light room aiming outside has its unique challenges.

IMG_0220.jpeg

Another benefit of this new tech vs dialing a traditional turret is time. With a traditional turret, once you range the animal you either:

1) Have your DOPE memorized

2) Reference a DOPE chart

Then you go off the scope image and look at your turret while you dial your distance.

With the Veracity, you range animal and go into your scope and watch your yardage in the HUD as you dial. Saves a couple steps and you don't have to take your eye of the target.

Hey I still run my Zeiss Conquest V4s and really like them. Just need to have a headlamp ready to illuminate the turret from the blind if needed at 2 minutes before end of shooting light.