• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Building a 30-378?

bobbyd30378

Hey Guys, im new to this forum and am seeking some advice. I am a big fan of the 30-378 as a long range hunting rifle, as so,.....im gonna build 1, but bare in mind this is my first build. Im leaning toward building it around the Surgeon XL action with a 28" Krieger fluted bbl @ a 1/10 twist. So far, the McMillan A5 stock is my choice with a Jewell trigger. What kind of advice can yall offer and what kind of muzzle break (obviously 1 that can be removed for hunting) would be best? Also, Ive really got my heart set on a clip fed rifle, what are my options? Any and all advice will be very much appreciated, thanx guys!

You may want to post this in the "rifles, bullets, barrels and ballistics" section, not the classifieds. It will probably get the info you need faster there. Also look at other 300 wildcats, many use better brass; 28" may be a bit short to get all you can out of that sort of cambering; and get ear plugs and muffs and leave the muzzle break on. good luck.

Hey Skim, thanx for putting me in the right direction. I'll look into those 300 wildcats. Also, i've heard of the 30-416 rigby, but i'm not real sure what all that requires.