Brux Barrels

Although I wish it wore the night force, now a days a Sightron III 6-24X50 sits on top.

Hey Iron worker,

This website has about the best article I've read about what flutes can and can't do for you. Score High Gunsmithing, Muzzle brakes, Bedding Epoxy and Pillar Bedding kits My reason was mainly weight, but I think it looks cool too.

Here's a pic of my rifle.

blueprinted Rem 700
tuned old style Rem trigger
28" SS Brux fluted Med Palma
1-10 twist 338 edge
CSR 3 port break
wyatts extended mag box
McMillan HTG molded GAP camo
Defensive Edge cheek piece
20moa badger base
Mark 4 rings
NXS 5.5-22x50 NP-R1

IMG_0109.jpg

I am new to this forum and as a writer for "Precision Shooting Magazine", I will be testing a Brux barrel in the near future. Mine will be chambered for the 6mm Dasher and put on my BAT/Leonard 600 yard match rifle. So far I have been favorably impressed with the service at Brux. Stay tuned. James Mock

I am new to this forum and as a writer for "Precision Shooting Magazine", I will be testing a Brux barrel in the near future. Mine will be chambered for the 6mm Dasher and put on my BAT/Leonard 600 yard match rifle. So far I have been favorably impressed with the service at Brux. Stay tuned. James Mock

Keep us up to date, thanks

I'd kinda like to do one in .222 N.M. with a .246 neck and something like a 1:12 or 1:11 twist. Twenty two inches in a #7 contour is about right, but may opt for a standard remington contour in the end to keep the balance in the rifle. (I shoot it off hand a lot). As much as I want to do a .222 barrel, I'd like to do a 6BG
gary

Last edited:
I got my Brux 6mm Dasher/28 inches/8twist installed on my BAT. The following pictures are of the rifle and my first outing with it. The groups are all 3-shot at 200 yards. James

14dfudz.jpg

wmiely.jpg

James - Nice groups. What is your load? My Dasher won't do that well. Is the Brux cut or buttoned bore?

PS - Beautiful stock; what is it?

Gene, these groups were shot with Reloder 15 (as indicated) and Berger 108 gr. BT Match bullets seated as indicated. These were the first rounds from this barrel. The stock is from Terry Leonard and this is a switch barrel rifle that I use in 6mm Dasher for 600 yard competition and in 6 PPC for 100/200 yard Benchrest. Good shooting...James Mock PS- the Brux features a cut rifled barrel.

I shot these 3-shot groups at 100 yards w/ Berger 105 Hybrids while working up a load for the Sept. 15th 600 yard match at Goodwill, LA. I won the match with 31.8 grs. of Re 15. I shot a 187/200 w/ 4 x's. Good shooting ...James
2v3gcoj.jpg

Brux was what I was directed to use by the smith I use...and I have used them and am more than satisfied. Im definately NOT a "shooter" ( been away for WAAAYYY too long) but when I get a rifle built and get it scoped and at the firing range I have 3 shots touching...FOR ME thats more than good enough.

I'll stick with Brux till I "may" get a bummer???

Looks like it has been a while since anyone posted here so lets see some more added.

I just had my first tactical built and chose Brux based on serious input from experienced shooters, It is a .260 Ackly with a .297 neck, 30 inch barrel, and shots Berger 140 Hybrids. I found my best load at 49 total round through the barrel. It produced a .268 3 shot group!!

This barrel has not shown to date ANY copper fowling.

Using Brux did however cause me ea major problem. None of my stable of pure Benchrest rigs can produce a group ANYWHERE near this tactical. For those interested, the load was H4350 at 45.6 grains. Bullet is .052 off the lands. There is a slight crunch going on during bullet seating. Don't try to get there TOO FAST.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.