Browning X-Bolt Mountain Pro

X-Bolt Speed in 270 WSM here. 6lbs 8oz bare rifle. After fire forming 100 brass/break in, I cleaned the rifle and fired 4 rounds for cleaning/warming shots. Proceeded to shoot 1 each in 1% powder increments until I found signs of pressure. Backed off 2% and fired 2 more over top of the first round at that powder charge for a 0.4" group. 11 rounds fired total for load development using the 122gr HHTs. MCarbo trigger spring, GameReaper scope mount, and an Meopta Optika6. I'm very pleased.

I have the A bolt and a X bolt Hells Canyon Long Range Max. I need the MCarbo spring for the X Bolt and see if I can get the trigger below 2 lbs. But it do shoot awesome

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240312_104218_Phone.jpg
    Screenshot_20240312_104218_Phone.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 14
I ordered a Browning Carbon light LH rifle in 6.5 Creed a few years ago. A year later, a Browning rifle was delivered to my LGS. However, it was a LH Hells Canyon LongRange McMillan that was sent. I thought about it for a minute or two and took the rifle anyway.
I put a LH Timney trigger in the rifle, but other than that it is all stock. Without a doubt, it is the MOST ACCURATE factory rifle that I've ever owned. It has fired many groups well under 2" at the 400yd line. It will, occasionally, outshoot some of my full custom rifles.

After about 1,000 rds, I rebarreled the rifle with a new Bartlein barrel and had it Cerokoted to match the Burnt Orange receiver. The rifle looks great and shoots even tighter.

I agree on the trigger which is why my go-to X-bolt rifles have Timneys.

When you say weird scope mount, are you talking about 4 screws per base vs 2? Or is there something else like spacing you are referring to?

I love the idea of double the number of screws to retain the bases. I'm kinda surprised more manufacturers don't copy them. I guess I don't see a downside there.

Yes, I am referring to the configuration. While I am not opposed to more screws, having the layout as side-by-side, rather than inline is weird to me and I am of the opinion that they did it just so they could put those plastic "X" on them.

Yes, I am referring to the configuration. While I am not opposed to more screws, having the layout as side-by-side, rather than inline is weird to me and I am of the opinion that they did it just so they could put those plastic "X" on them.
I think the X pattern makes more sense than in-line. This allows more screws in less space also.

My trigger is under 2 lbs with the MCarbo spring.

That's encouraging Bean. What did you get down too. And could you have went liter.

My son has a Weatherby Venguard in 270 his grandpaw gave him that has a trigger so lite that you don't touch until you're ready to shoot. Haven't scaled it, but I will when I make some loads for it.

That's encouraging Bean. What did you get down too. And could you have went liter.

My son has a Weatherby Venguard in 270 his grandpaw gave him that has a trigger so lite that you don't touch until you're ready to shoot. Haven't scaled it, but I will when I make some loads for it.
Who's "Bean"? LOL

I have the trigger set at 1.75 pounds. I could have went a tad bit lighter but that's as light as I wanted for this rifle.

It's crisp with no creep and no overtravel.

Did you replace the springs or have a gunsmith do it?
Did it myself on two rifles. Mcarbo has couple of videos on U-tube and maybe on their website. The first install was super easy. The second one for some reason I found the install fussy (maybe my fingers were fat that day!)- it just took an extra 10 minutes.

I've loaded/shot/hunted with several Browning X-Bolts and A-Bolts over several years and I was able to achieve at minimum.75-.9" moa on all of them with several different cartridges. Trigger spring replacement/ trigger assemblies on all of them and bedding the action on the majority. I currently have an X-Bolt in 7mm-08 that shoots .75moa on my B-Tips and AB's while the 120 Hammer Hunters are coming in consistently at .5" moa