Browning x bolt hells canyon speed Mcmillan

Roadworkahead

Purchased a Browning Hells Canyon X Bolt McMillan Long Range Hunter in 6.5 creedmoor. The grip at the trigger is very fat compared to other stocks I have used. Trying to decide to try and get used to it or look for a different stock. Anyone have experience with the game scout stock? Replacement ideas? Will be used for hunting. Thanks.

The Vertical like grip on your stock is preferred by precision shooters. I'm a vertical only guy but I'm focused on precision and LR hunting. I absolutely hate traditional style hunting stocks, I still shoot them well but prefer vertical. Give it a chance and play with different Grip positions and see if it grows on you. I rest my thumb on the top side near the tang, fingers flat against, not wrapped around the Grip, and keep my rear pressure linear. I use all EH1's on my hunting rigs, very similar grip to yours.

If you're wanting to get into a regular hells canyon speed stock I'm sure someone would add cash with their stock for yours.

OH58DViper. Thanks for your response. Should have put my hands on the gamescout before Purchase. Decided I will give it a chance. Just not used to the feel. Did contact Browning and for that gun, they would have to grind out 1 of there other stocks to fit that barrel. They have nothing drop in ready.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.