Browning 525 Citori O/U shotgun hard to open

17Tactical

I was wondering if someone out there may be able to help me out with a problem that I have with a Browning 525 Citori Field shotgun. Since new the gun has been hard to open. The breech lever works okay and break open the action open but from that point it takes two hands with some force to open the action enough so the shell will eject. Any suggestions as to what is the cause and what needs to be done to allow it to open easier? Thanks

Sounds like the ejector cams are very tight.
Any good 'smith could adjust itz
Sometimes the hinge, cocking cams and ejector cams are all out of sync.

Cheers.

How tight is it, hard to put together? What do the bearing surfaces look like - any galling? Bearing surfaces been well greased? If it goes together easy - MagnumManiac probably has the right answer, have a 'smith familiar with Citoris' look at it.
Not close to Tenn., but here is the best Browning gunsmith I know of:

Most Citori shotguns are pretty tight new, but they usually loosen up after a couple thousand rounds. Not good news for hunters, but good for competitive shooters.

I've kept the gun well greased. Does not appear there is any galling. When assembling the forearm, it does appear that it takes a little more pressure to latch it than my other o/u guns.
Thanks for the inside about the gunsmith.