Browning A Bolt shotgun

One of my a-bolts likes winchester partition golds the best and the other likes remington core-lokt ultras the best. Both are the 2 3/4" version. Slug guns can be very finicky when it comes to ammo. I have not found one slug that shoots good in all guns.

One of my a-bolts likes winchester partition golds the best and the other likes remington core-lokt ultras the best. Both are the 2 3/4" version. Slug guns can be very finicky when it comes to ammo. I have not found one slug that shoots good in all guns.

Thanks BF did you remove the iron sites or leave them with the scope? I am going to try the partition golds. They look like they should hammer our southern whitetails. I tried the accutips in a savage 220 that I owned very accurate but performance on game leaves a lot to be desired

Shoot straight

Bob

I left the sights on. I had to adjust the rear sight down to clear the flip up scope caps. I have had similar results with accutips. Accurate but spotty performance on deer. I also just found out that remington core-lokt ultras are now discontinued. That sucks because they perform much like the partition golds.

I have one, also my buddy has one. mine is ported, both have leupolds on them.
great shooters for whitetail.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.