Boy cries WOlF.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Statements like that make it pretty obvious you do not live where wolves are present.

Your statement doesn't hold water. I know quite a few people who live here who don't give a rats behind about elk, deer, or even cattle- they like wolves. The fact that they are carnivores and sometimes enjoy a steak dinner doesn't seem to connect with those folks.

@mtmuley you should come to hunt whitetail deer in Northern WI. It would be great to see you waste your money in our state.
There would be a very good chance you wouldn't even see a deer much less a buck which is the only tag you can get. 15 years ago before the wolf's. deer season in northern Wi was a family tradition for many many families. Now most don't go because there are very few deer.Wolf's put a big hurt on the northern Wisconsin economy But hey like you said I'm probably one of .
"the most ill informed, misinformed and gullible audience I have ever seen concerning the wolf issue. "
By the way I have seen wolf's multiple times but unlike your state we are not allowed to shoot them.

@mtmuley you should come to hunt whitetail deer in Northern WI. It would be great to see you waste your money in our state.
There would be a very good chance you wouldn't even see a deer much less a buck which is the only tag you can get. 15 years ago before the wolf's. deer season in northern Wi was a family tradition for many many families. Now most don't go because there are very few deer.Wolf's put a big hurt on the northern Wisconsin economy But hey like you said I'm probably one of .
"the most ill informed, misinformed and gullible audience I have ever seen concerning the wolf issue. "
By the way I have seen wolf's multiple times but unlike your state we are not allowed to shoot them.
SSS(shoot,shovel,SHUTUP):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::)

I have to say that this forum, and the members here with the exception of a few, are the most ill informed, misinformed and gullible audience I have ever seen concerning the wolf issue. Most of you guys don't live in wolf country. I get that. You will never see one, much less kill one. The days of SSS never happened. If it would have worked, Montana would be wolf free. Get a clue. Be a cheerleader if you want I guess. If any of you badasses want to hunt wolves in Montana, send me a pm. We have them here where I live. I'll help you out. FIVE tags boys. Its interesting that where I killed that big male wolf, I am still killing bulls every year. Weird. Carry on. mtmuley

Just because there are still wolves and you saw an elk once doesn't prove anything.

Just because there are still wolves and you saw an elk once doesn't prove anything.
I saw an elk once? I saw my first wolf where I hunt in 2004. I've killed a bull within a mile of that sighting EVERY year except for two. And killed a wolf, see pictures. Those years a bull wasn't killed in the area I had a permit in another area. Yeah, cry wolf. mtmuley

I saw an elk once? I saw my first wolf where I hunt in 2004. I've killed a bull within a mile of that sighting EVERY year except for two. And killed a wolf, see pictures. Those years a bull wasn't killed in the area I had a permit in another area. Yeah, cry wolf. mtmuley

And that scientifically proves that no wolf has ever put a dent in any prey animal species population ever???

Seems fairly obvious that if elk (or any species for that matter) had no predator animal or human then the population would continue to expand until the habitat could not sustain it. So population is controlled by either starvation or predation. To keep the population in check a certain number are removed each year. If to many are removed then the population declines if this continues long enough then it finally disappears. With the reintroduction of wolves, humans and wolves must share in removing the correct number each year, so for every elk a wolf kills humans have to give up one of their intended kills so that the number removed remains constant.
So I hope wolves never come to Colorado because I don't like sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.