Bowtech Revolt X80 splintered limb

No he wasn't sure what caused it, they're not laminated limbs so it's weird that it happened like it did.
Sure, but they don't seem to be billet either. Hardwood laminated is old, I get it, but that's not what I was talking about.

Look at your photo, you couldn't make a cleaner rip line if you had run it through a table saw…
Looks like it's carbon, with epoxy. A carbon core limb that's laminated.

I'm just saying because I don't want to miss the lesson in this, which is heat from vehicle is bad for bows: resins in limbs, strings and sometimes other components.

Sure, but they don't seem to be billet either. Hardwood laminated is old, I get it, but that's not what I was talking about.

Look at your photo, you couldn't make a cleaner rip line if you had run it through a table saw…
Looks like it's carbon, with epoxy. A carbon core limb that's laminated.

I'm just saying because I don't want to miss the lesson in this, which is heat from vehicle is bad for bows: resins in limbs, strings and sometimes other components.

That's interesting, I was sure they were billet. Makes a lot more sense now though. I had to learn that lesson the hard way.

Yeah. Delaminating from heat is common. Heat ruins other things too on the bow. There's a few post a year on archery talk regarding such.
Here's a post from 2012 for example. There's been many more. https://www.archerytalk.com/threads/how-long-can-you-leave-your-bow-in-a-hot-car.1759715/

If you liked the bowtech, I would just put in to replace the limbs, and keep it…this time take what you learned and put the bow in some type of temperature controlled space when it's not in use.

I don't condone abusing warranties, however, none of the Bowtechs I personally have say anything in the manual or warranty about delamination due to heat…so maybe talk to your local Bowtech dealer and see what they can do…
Years ago my first Mathews bow (I believe it was a legacy) splintered but not nearly that big it was covered under warranty. Everything was fine the owner of the sporting good store actually ground off the small splinters and I shot it until my new limb came in but like I said it was not nearly to the extent of what I saw Above.

IMG_1327.jpeg

With you being from Arizona I would look at the PSE lineup. The newer limb design is really good. Also the Hoyts are known to hold together pretty well at 80 pounds.
I'm currently shooting a Hoyt carbon element I'm very happy with it. I've had it for several years without any problems whatsoever. This target was shot at 50 yards before season just to check it out and as usual I never even touch the sight it's ready to go.

View attachment 488309

I'm currently shooting a Hoyt carbon element I'm very happy with it. I've had it for several years without any problems whatsoever. This target was shot at 50 yards before season just to check it out and as usual I never even touch the sight it's ready to go.
That looks like an element with RKT cams on it. I shot a Carbon matrix for a few years and had nothing but good luck with it. I shot it about 72 pounds with a easton FMJ and nothing seemed to slow that setup down.

That looks like an element with RKT cams on it. I shot a Carbon matrix for a few years and had nothing but good luck with it. I shot it about 72 pounds with an easton FMJ and nothing seemed to slow that setup down.
I ran it maxed out for several years about 72 pounds of draw, last year or so I've backed it down to about 65 pound draw I've been shooting gold tip hunters and just love the performance. I have nothing bad to say about this bow whatsoever.

Recent Posts