Birria for dinner

Not hard at all, I'm sure Feenix won't mind sharing his, I'll send you mine via PM.

Pretty easy and I use slow cooker.
Id love an easy slow cooker recipe.

Only time I tried I had to soak guajillo chilis in near boiling water then drain and blend to a puree with other seasonings to slow cook in the oven with the meat. It was kinda a long process and the chili skin particles would stick in my teeth. I wasnt certain what to use to thin the puree to turn it into the delicious stew I was going for. Overall it was good, but I need to find an easier way or just keep working it till I get it.

Id love an easy slow cooker recipe.

Only time I tried I had to soak guajillo chilis in near boiling water then drain and blend to a puree with other seasonings to slow cook in the oven with the meat. It was kinda a long process and the chili skin particles would stick in my teeth. I wasnt certain what to use to thin the puree to turn it into the delicious stew I was going for. Overall it was good, but I need to find an easier way or just keep working it till I get it.

We can post them here. I will say, I've seen a dozen recipes and they all differ is some way or another, but all good.

@FEENIX apologies brother, I think I hijacked your thread.
LOL! No problem, Brother. You are right; there are plenty of recipes out there. I am not very good at following recipes. I look at them for a general idea and then go from there. For instance, the recipe I looked at called for ancho chile. But since I have ancho, arbol, and guajillo chiles in my cupboard, I used all three. I make my own bone and vegetable stocks.

There is a local authentic Mexican food joint that sells goat meat Birria tacos, burritos and even bowls. I love it enough to give it a go. I have everything except for the goat meat and I have that lined up.

Did you use your Dash sous vide to breakdown the meat or straight to the pot/grill?

Did you use your Dash sous vide to breakdown the meat or straight to the pot/grill?
No sous vide this time. I used a pressure cooker for the tripes. For the pork and venison, I seared and then slow cooked with sauce in the oven covered until fork tender. It shreds easy enough for a taco and yet semi-firm for soup.

Recent Posts