biden admin is banning ammunition and firearms of Russian origin

It won't be as cheap as the russian stuff but it won't be $2 a round. Hornady used to make some reasonably priced AK ammo but stopped. I assume it was because they could not compete with the cheap russian stuff. Maybe they will bring it back.

Ok, no big deal. Its plain enough that Brandon etal would ban anything that hurts gun owners, and Russian made ammo justs falls in their laps along those lines.

I just cant fathom why we still buy their oil? Its the one thing we can cut that really does punish them. I guess China is holding something over Brandon, or Bernie who spent his honey moon in Moscow has the real say so. But somethin seems rotten in Denmark as Shakespeare said in Hamlet.
Looks like Brandon just put a stop to Russian oil imports. I hope he has a plan in place to mitigate the effect it's going to have on gas prices, but I doubt he does.

Looks like Brandon just put a stop to Russian oil imports. I hope he has a plan in place to mitigate the effect it's going to have on gas prices, but I doubt he does.
Get ready for $5 to $6 a gallon gas. Do you think the people who wanted this will complain any less about the price of gas?

Its all under control......phones are ringing everywhere except Canada...............

Attachments

• Brandon's Gas Station.jpg
    Brandon's Gas Station.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 67
Who are you saying wanted this?

We should have had a contingency plan in execution already for this very scenario.
The people who were not only complaining about the price of gas but were also complaining that the US had not banned the import of russian oil. It was almost as if they didn't see the connection.

The people who were not only complaining about the price of gas but were also complaining that the US had not banned the import of russian oil. It was almost as if they didn't see the connection.
So cutting off the nose to spite the face then is what your saying?

But where is Brandon's contingency plan?? It should have already been in execution to avoid this energy crisis we are heading into.

So cutting off the nose to spite the face then is what your saying?

But where is Brandon's contingency plan?? It should have already been in execution to avoid this energy crisis we are heading into.
Pretty much so.

I don't know where the contingency plan is, I don't work in the white house. I don't know that any president has ever had a contingency plan for this situation other than release our reserves. So to be fair, he has only had a week to come up with one. US oil companies have no desire to take up the slack because they are waiting to collect on $200 a barrel. Even giving in on regulations may not be enough to encourage them and even if it were, could they pick up the slack in any decent amount of time.

Pretty much so.

I don't know where the contingency plan is, I don't work in the white house. I don't know that any president has ever had a contingency plan for this situation other than release our reserves. So to be fair, he has only had a week to come up with one. US oil companies have no desire to take up the slack because they are waiting to collect on $200 a barrel. Even giving in on regulations may not be enough to encourage them and even if it were, could they pick up the slack in any decent amount of time.
He has had more than a week. I had heard as early as November that the IC said that it was likely the Russians were going to invade. He had to have known a while before that. Three months is more than enough time ti come up with a good plan. Actually, they should have anticipated this back in 2014 and decided a contingency. I seem to remember Brandon being VP then.

But I do agree with your point that shutting off Russian oil imports without a viable and easily accessible replacement is a bad idea that is only going to hurt the US population more than Putin

Pretty much so.

I'm not sure I would want the government involved in any contingency planning for supply/demand issues. I was a kid but I remember the talk and yak about price controls in the 70's.

"Nixon issued Executive Order 11615 (pursuant to the Economic Stabilization Act of 1970), imposing a 90-day freeze on wages and prices in order to counter inflation." That was an 'ad-hoc' contingency plan.

Crap like that didn't work then, so why on earth would it work now.