Biden $200 gun tax?

On a serious note, his website claims he intends to suggest/push/ tell them to pass legislation in Congress so that "assault weapons" and high cap mags (high is yet to be defined) will fall under the current NFA registry.

This would entail a one time 200$ tax stamp per item, theoretically. That is how it currently works for suppressors, SBR, fully automatic firearms.

none of this is actually defined yet, as it's all just vague campaign promises. Even he seems to know that this needs to go through Congress and can't be done buy executive order. Until it happens, or even a bill is proposed it does not exist so we can't know actual details
Just remember, Trump turned bump stocks into machine guns with a swoop of a sharpie. Since all bump stocks were made after '86 they are illegal to own. Hopefully AR's aren't reclassified as "machine guns" too
Its a slippery slope that we all need to fight against for sure

Just remember, Trump turned bump stocks into machine guns with a swoop of a sharpie. Since all bump stocks were made after '86 they are illegal to own. Hopefully AR's aren't reclassified as "machine guns" too
Its a slippery slope that we all need to fight against for sure
This will likely be difficult with the precedents in place for ARs but I fully expect it from braces

l read today that the first ''anti gun'' legislation he wants is to repeal the 'liability law' that protects gun makers from being sued if one gets injured/killed by their product. That would kill the Whole GUN lndustry PDQ 🤬 They would likely include ammo/component makers too. lf the Senate stays RED gun owners and makers have a chance.
IF ALL GUN OWNERS had voted for pro gun politicians there wouldn't be enough ANTIS left in Congress for a circle jerk:oops:

this one is my biggest concern. That would require liability insurance... enough to potentially cover enough for liability of a mass shooting. Cant even fathom what that would cost. But you can bet it would drive gun costs thru the roof... exactly what they are looking for.

I sold all my ar 15's while the price was high and it was legal to do so. Sold every one of them. I also sold all of my semi automatic pistols. Got myself a double barreled shotgun, you guys should all do the same. It's really all you need. Shoot one in the air, then if needed shoot the bad guy in the leg. Next it makes for a pretty good blunt force object. No worries fellas. Keep calm and carry on.

You know we really, really need to support the Senators in GA in their run-off Jan 5. They are key to controlling the Senate, and, therefore , keeping SCOTUS at 9. I'm not a lawyer, but likely paying $200 for something you already bought, or surrendering it outright without evidence of wrongdoing, is an unlawful "taking" under the Constitution. At least that's the argument the 9th Circuit made on normal capacity magazines.

Everytime I read the plan to tax ammo, mags, guns to extremes, all I can think is that "we" need to adopt some of the tactics that the left use.

We need to make it clear that doing so is an unfair burden on lower income communities. And then point out that it targets minority communities and makes citizens not able to access their rights which are protected by the constitution.

Everytime I read the plan to tax ammo, mags, guns to extremes, all I can think is that "we" need to adopt some of the tactics that the left use.

We need to make it clear that doing so is an unfair burden on lower income communities. And then point out that it targets minority communities and makes citizens not able to access their rights which are protected by the constitution.
Unfortunately when the left controls 90% of the press/TV/radio it becomes difficult to 'make it clear' to those people.

Shoot the bad guy in the leg? You will get sued and you will lose everything First of all you can only shoot someone if your life or another is in eminent danger of losing it. Second if you are in danger of losing your life you shoot to kill. Do know if your own state has castle laws on the books. Someone comes in my home with bad intent they leave in a bag not with a bandage on their leg. Your word vs a dead bad guys word. You sound just like the democrats trying to take our rights away. Get a double barrel it's all you need. Really? Doesn't matter what's needed it what we choose to own. Legally. Nobody needs a Corvette so go buy a Prius. When does it end? The battle for the democrats to get rid of guns is for them to have power not the safety of citizens. If it was the safety of citizens they would go after and prosecute the criminals that are the problem. As long as the USA has the largest civilian militia in the world by far the Dems can't exert the total power they wish to have. We need to keep it that way.
Shep

Unfortunately when the left controls 90% of the press/TV/radio it becomes difficult to 'make it clear' to those people.
It wouldn't matter what the propaganda mills do if people would get off their lazy asses and actually read this stuff for themselves.

Shoot the bad guy in the leg? You will get sued and you will lose everything First of all you can only shoot someone if your life or another is in eminent danger of losing it. Second if you are in danger of losing your life you shoot to kill. Do know if your own state has castle laws on the books. Someone comes in my home with bad intent they leave in a bag not with a bandage on their leg. Your word vs a dead bad guys word. You sound just like the democrats trying to take our rights away. Get a double barrel it's all you need. Really? Doesn't matter what's needed it what we choose to own. Legally. Nobody needs a Corvette so go buy a Prius. When does it end? The battle for the democrats to get rid of guns is for them to have power not the safety of citizens. If it was the safety of citizens they would go after and prosecute the criminals that are the problem. As long as the USA has the largest civilian militia in the world by far the Dems can't exert the total power they wish to have. We need to keep it that way.
Shep

The poster was being sarcastic and ridiculing crazy Joe's comments.