Best lightweight rear shooting bag

Like others here I use Crosstac Ultralight Saddle Shooting Rest Bag on a clip attached to my pack. Fast extremely light (ounces), goes on/over anything for front use, and simply cannot be beat for a rear rest when using pack for a front rest. Pix is of entire back pack kit for any shooting need... Standing, sitting, prone. Without spotter 5 lbs... all in... CF tripod, CF table, swivel fork, bag, pistol grip head... all QD mounts.

Table.jpeg

my wife and I build lightweight shooting bags the gold set weighs just over a pound the green bag is my bench bag and weighs 3 lbs but can be made into a lighter bag . We use spex light bag fill made in the USA we can do bigger bags and all are veteran made in MT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 35
My son using a WeiBad TACKPAD on top of his pack for front and has a PumpPillow for the rear support. Both are light and make great sitting pads for glassing. BTW he nailed the shot at a nice Coues buck at 380yds.

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpeg
    IMG_1068.jpeg
    659.2 KB · Views: 33
My go to field bag is the Accuracy 1st bean bag. I've used this one for ten years now, and like the squeeze adjustability and size. Depending on height, sometimes need to add a riser under the bag.
20150412_154142.jpg

I have one of the Crosstac squeeze bags and personally really like it. fully adjustable in terms of fill and very light. like dont even notice light.

If I'm hunting I usually stuff my jacket into the lid or bottom of my pack and use that.

If it's pretty flat ground like antelope hunting, I just use the truck window (I'm kidding lol). But I will just ball my stone glacier jacket up and use it like such.

I have these cheap pull tie bags from Amazon, I stuff my vest, gloves and beanie in there. But, I also stuff my Alaskan game bags in another bag. Otherwise, I won a cheapy vital impact rear bag from a Christmas deal at work. It's like 5 oz. Broke down FAST. But it works pretty good.

Recent Posts