Best current stock replacement for Tikka T3x

I love my MDT HNT26, but it doesn't sound like this is your style. I'm highly considering a German Gun Stock, either the Reaper, Ranger, or the Outlaw. Nice thing about their stocks is that you can mount a LA, SA, or even a T1x into the same stock. Also have my eye on the CarbonX from Axis Precision Worx.

As much as I liked the AGComposites Alpine Hunter, the incompetent gunsmith they referred me too in Gillette Wyoming couldn't get it inletted correctly after three attempts. Nothing against the stock, but now I go for drop-ins that won't require a gunsmith.

We are taking pre-orders for our Versa stocks in a Tikka pattern. They make the factory plastic stock feel like a brick.

Get one with a negative comb and above bore line heel. Night and day with spotting shots and recoil management. Hard to explain how nice until you've tried it.

Right now I've got two alterra carbon hunters and an order in for the new rokstock.

The stockys is also a nice stock, shot with one a bit and it's solid but I like the alterra quite a bit more.

Get one with a negative comb and above bore line heel. Night and day with spotting shots and recoil management. Hard to explain how nice until you've tried it.

Right now I've got two alterra carbon hunters and an order in for the new rokstock.

The stockys is also a nice stock, shot with one a bit and it's solid but I like the alterra quite a bit more.
Have you shot a RokStock?

Kris

Kris

Kris

Kris
They're not released yet. Main difference between the alterra I see is going to be shorter trigger reach (better ergonomics esp prone), flat toe (recoil slides straight back but less able to slide back for elevation adjustment). And some other things but those were the selling point for me. I think they are going yo be excellent I actually ordered several of them on the pre order. If you like a more traditional grip the alterra is sort of a hybrid vertical/sporter but has a longer trigger reach.

I have a rokstok on order, plan to sell my eh1 when it comes in. The eh1 is imo the best tikka stock on the current market, albeit a touch heavy.

Kris

Kris
@Ua26fitter, I was able to handle the 3/4" above bore 3D printed version of the RokStok at the Unknown Munitions shop (no barreled action). It felt really nice. The production version is going to drop the heel to 1/2" above bore line.
Manners Pro Hunter.
@HuntnPack, I have been watching the Manners site to see if they are announcing a Tikka inlet for the Pro Hunter and I haven't seen it. Have you heard that it is available?

BTW - If anyone is passing through Post Falls, Idaho on I-90, I would recommend swinging by Unknown Munitions. The staff was really nice and I was like a kid in a candy store.

Manners EH-1

Attachments

• 20230924_073045.jpg
    20230924_073045.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 172
Bear bones with no hardware and shorter length of pull can get down to 15 oz. Most stocks we make end up closer to 17 oz with options.

Our stocks have a lot of the features mentioned above as well plus more compatability with Arca rails
Lots of good suggestions here.