Best 1” scopes

nhenry

I'm looking for a sub-$800 scope with a 1" maintube.

I want at least 3x on the low end, doesn't have to have a crazy high end. I'm even good with 10x.

Anyone have recommendations for good, reliable optics in that price point?

I tried all but the Leupold.

For the money, your going to be really hard pressed to beat Crimson Trace!

Really good glass!
Silky smooth adjustments.

I have 4 of their Hardline Series, and a Series 2 FFP.

PS. I have 4 Burris Fullfields that I'm sending back in for warranty.
Glass is ok, but all of them have at least one adjustment that will not move.

If you are not a turret twister the Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40 is excellent. Lightweight at 13.4 oz with a built-in illumination feature that is adjustable and requires no battery. I own one with the green dot (TR20-1G) and another with the green triangle/post (TR20G) which is the fastest acquisition system I own. FYI at first view the triangle seems somewhat crude for sighting in but if you twist the screen to block the light the triangle becomes a fine black outlined triangle perfect for sighting in.
view them here:

IF you want a turret system that works well the TORIC UHD 3-15X42 T-PLEX Rifle is another 1" scope tube. weight 20.1 oz

Both scopes can be found for under $800.

I had a Nikon Monarch on my RUM when I put it together back in 09 and it shot very well. Since then, Nikon got rid of their rifle scope line, but I read an article that the guy who was the head of that line started his own company. For the life of me I can find that magazine or remember what the name was. Not very helpful for you but maybe someone knows what I'm talking about and can shed light on it.

I had a Nikon Monarch on my RUM when I put it together back in 09 and it shot very well. Since then, Nikon got rid of their rifle scope line, but I read an article that the guy who was the head of that line started his own company. For the life of me I can find that magazine or remember what the name was. Not very helpful for you but maybe someone knows what I'm talking about and can shed light on it.
If you find out let me know