Best 1” rifle scope under $1,000 with 12-16x top end recommendations

wilehunting

Hi all, What would you recommend in a one inch rifle scope for under $1,000 with a top end magnification in the 12x-16x range? I'm trying to get the most magnification for a reasonable weight, that holds zero, non-oversized ocular housing for bolt clearance and has clear optics. I only have real experience with the older Leupold Vari-x II and Vari-x iii series. Thoughts on Swarovski z3, Zeiss V4, newer Leupold, others? It would be going on a Winchester Extreme Weather in 30-06. Thank you

It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

Z3 would be my pick between those, the BRH reticle is great too and is a really simple mil tree compared to most BDC reticles.

The current Leupold VX3's are garbage, I wouldn't touch one. The Zeiss V4's are pretty good, I'd own a 4-16 if they'd make it in mil but that's a 30mm optic.

The Tract Toric are really nice too and are worth looking at.

I second contacting @gr8fuldoug

Not sure if he carries them, but the scope I would get with your parameters would be the Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15x42. I will be purchasing one in the next few weeks.

I would suggest the Meopta Optika 5 3-15x44. Unless you need an illuminated reticle…then you would need to go with a 30mm ring.

I'd say my Bushnell Elite LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44 with illuminated G3 reticle is in that ballpark, barely, at the $980. original "sale" price. I'm selling it this summer for $600. A very good scope that is perfect for long range hunting. It will come in the original box.
I'm selling it to get a BURRIS Eliminator 6. Read my post on the "6" on this forum for info.