Bertram "Normal" .375 CT brass back in stock

ELR Researcher

In checking sites for news this week, I noted that the NON-malformed, "Normal", .375 CT brass is back in stock at I.Q. Metals, all be it at a $91 premium over the malformed (at qty = 100). Were I to be shooting an improved version of this cartridge, I'd grab up the last of the malformed (although they are still showing "unlimited" quantity available).Were I shooting the "standard" .375 CT, I'd grab up some of the "new" standard before it goes away again.Hard to be sure what they have in stock of the "normal" but it appears between 2000 and 5200.Choose at I.Q. Metals Inc. - Brass [BTW, Peterson's .375 CT brass is still "coming soon" - since SHOT.]

I bought some .375 CT Bertram brass around a year ago from Graf & Sons. I am unfamiliar with this situation would you happen to know if this brass is Malformed or normal? And what it all means. Thanks

CHW:

The "malformed" is described by the seller (IQ Metals) here - Bertram 375 CheyTac brass

The "normal" is described by the seller (IQ Metals) here - Bertram 375 CheyTac brass

There was a large batch of "malformed" received by them over a year ago (as best I recall), possibly as much as 25,000 pcs. They complained to Bertram and Bertram subsequently produced the "Normal" - first received and posted as "normal" in very late Aug or very early Sep. In the interim many folks found that the malformed was basically "fine" if they were going to fire form anyway - supposedly including folks like Kirby Allen (Allen Precision Arms/APS).

At this time the mal is running $203/100 and the normal $294.90/100.

If you want more detail, suggest you call IQM - 406-381-9730, in MT, 9AM to 5PM (mountain time) -- Monday thru Friday).

Thank you for the reply. I think I will just go with what I have it doesn't seems to be that critical

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.