Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

I am wondering how many bullets I'll be getting now. I ordered 200, but they hit my cc for the $139 in temporary authorizations five times. Not a good thing for anyone who is close to their limit, for sure. Fortunately for me, the cc is basically wide open. I'm still a bit perturbed that I have to watch my account on this though.

I hope it's worth it and the bullets like my Shilen barrel. The barrel seems to like mid weight pills even with the 8" twist so far but this bullet's pending availability made me go 8" twist instead of 9". I guess I'll know in a few days when bullets meet paper.

Lefty,

I am not sure why or how your card got hit five times. We didn't hit your card anytime but once for the order you gave me. I apologize for this, however I am not in anyway in charge of how the merchant processor handles CC cards. If for any reason any of the additional hits you mention stick, we will sure refund them.

I would surely think our reputation is more then stellar on here, so rest assure this was by no means intentional. For that matter if your unsure of your order, let's us know and we will cancel it. Feel free to get hold of us directly to let us know if that is the case.

Thanks again and sorry for the hassle this has caused you.

Lefty,

I am not sure why or how your card got hit five times. We didn't hit your card anytime but once for the order you gave me. I apologize for this, however I am not in anyway in charge of how the merchant processor handles CC cards. If for any reason any of the additional hits you mention stick, we will sure refund them.

I would surely think our reputation is more then stellar on here, so rest assure this was by no means intentional. For that matter if your unsure of your order, let's us know and we will cancel it. Feel free to get hold of us directly to let us know if that is the case.

Thanks again and sorry for the hassle this has caused you.

Thank you for the call this afternoon Bob (weekend call btw.- who does this unless they are sincerely concerned that things get "right"). As you are aware these are simply holds and not final charges. I'm sure you will work with me to get things straightened out as you have indicated.

I am wondering if a keystroke error on my part inputting CC data wasn't at least partially responsible for the error in the "hold"; it did "bounce out" with an error the first time. Holds are really only a problem for someone who is close to their limit anyway, and this card was nearly empty.... In short; no harm, no foul as long as she ships out and final bills correctly.

btw, bill Muddy at least twice for his pills.....:D:D:D

Last edited:
Do you think that the plug on my RCBS 7mm seating die is going to be deep enough for these bullets or am I going to have to do some modifications? Or is there an after market seater plug of some sort I am going to need?
mrb1982,
Take the seater plug out and see if you can get any of the bullet noses to "bottom out" in the plug. If they do . You will need to have the plug drilled deeper. At this time I dont know if RCBS makes a VLD replacement stem. Another option is to buy a FORSTER seating die that already has a seater plug in it to do the VLD.

mrb1982,
Take the seater plug out and see if you can get any of the bullet noses to "bottom out" in the plug. If they do . You will need to have the plug drilled deeper. At this time I dont know if RCBS makes a VLD replacement stem. Another option is to buy a FORSTER seating die that already has a seater plug in it to do the VLD.

Will it specify that it comes with a VLD seater or is it just standa4d issue in their dies? I was looking at them o midway but they don't specify the VLD plug so I just want to make sure I get what I need. Thanks

Will it specify that it comes with a VLD seater or is it just standa4d issue in their dies? I was looking at them o midway but they don't specify the VLD plug so I just want to make sure I get what I need. Thanks
mrb1982,
The FORSTER die(s) Benchrest and standard seating die both come with a VLD compatible seating stem.

Got my "Order shipped" email from the Extreme Store a couple hours ago, Yippee !!
5 boxes filled with gold nuggets, can't wait to fondle them !

A big THANK YOU To all at Berger Bullets and Mr. Bob Beck
for putting up with us grumpy demanding mofo's !

I am just excited to see these things. The 180 hybrids seem like a harpoon, these things are going to be crazy long skinny things! I need to get all my parts together to rebarrel my sendero to a 7/300. It's a shame to take off a 1/2 MOA barrel after 200 roundss lol

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.