Berger .338

ken snyder

Are any of you Pacific N.W. guys shooting Berger .338 bullet in a 1-10 twist barrell, Berger says they will do well out to 1000 or so, but that some are using 1-9 twist. Im a cheapskate and dont want to buy a box and find out. Berger is kind of conservative about what they say. But I also trust what they say about their product.

They work great! I shoot them exclusively. I have shot them on many occassions to 2,060 yds. They fly straight.
I'm shooting a 338 edge with 30" Pacnor barrel 1-10" twist @ 2,800 fps...
I've shot on 2 different trips to the range I set up, 4" 3 shot groups @ 1,930 yds.
The Best so far. But on one trip I got a second shot hit, middle low on the bullseye @ 2,060 yds. The rest of the 20 rnds. fired were either in the bull or still on the target. Target is 48"x48" with 24"x24" bull.
I have a thread called "300 gr. Berger hybrid @ 1,930 yds." if you want to see pics...
Anyhow, go ahead and shoot 'em! They're the most consistantly accurate bullet I've ever shot!
Good luck!gun)

The wizard of white city is pretty fast at getting your toys to you. I am looking forward to what you think. They sound real good to me. please include barrel twist, if possible chrono velocity

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.